Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Stomach Pains at 11weeks

(4 Posts)
MissyK Fri 10-Oct-08 08:31:21

Since about 5am this morning I've had some pains in my stomach, they seem to be getting worse, they're on my left side & are kind of shooting/stabbing pains, hard to describe really.. When I went to the bathroom before there was also a small amount of blood.

My midwife doesn't open unTil 9am so I was wondering if anyone here had any advice.

Thanks

emma2617 Fri 10-Oct-08 08:41:27

with stabbin pains and blood I would say you need to get checked out. Your options are midwife, A&E or NHS direct. NHS direct take your info and then either insist they call you an ambulance, or offer a call back from nurse within 2 hours...by which time midwife is open!!

So if you feel it is serious enough I would go straight to A&E, or if not then try and sit it out for the next half hour and then call midwife at bang on 9am.

Good Luck!!

FlirtyThirty Fri 10-Oct-08 11:17:57

Go straight to A&E - that was the advice of my midwife.
Fingers-crossed it's just stretching and settling MissyK...

MissyK Fri 10-Oct-08 13:59:35

Hi, just to let you know that I am home from hospital, I got sent via a gp as that's meant to be the only way to get seen?! Crazy!!

Anyway, they did a quick scan & the baby was fine, jumping around & waving it's arms about.

They said I could stay in and rest for the day or come home & rest, I chose to come home to my own comfy sofa rather than a busy ward.

They called it a threatened miscarriage & I have been told to go straight back to the ward if it gets any worse or if it hasn't settled by this time tomorrow. My bp is low & my pulse is high, so here I am at home hoping nothing happens next!!

The consultant was lovely, & there was a student nurse who's my friends little sister!! (I may not be able to look at her in the same way next time I see her after she did my swabs blush )

Fingers crossed it's just a scare

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now