Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

sickness vs nausea

(11 Posts)
heverhoney1 Thu 09-Oct-08 10:53:50

I know I am very lucky having only actually thrown up once so far but I am feeling constantly nauseus(sp??) Its just started to keep me awake at night too. Earlier in preg (am 10+5 now) it would go away if I ate but now it has gone beyond that.

Basically I was just wondering how common it is to just feel sick all the time rather than being sick, and if I am feeling it is getting worse how likely is it to escalate to full blown cant leave the house MS as I am already so late on in the first trimester???

GYo Thu 09-Oct-08 11:11:02

Hi Hever
Feeling sick all the time is really common- I didnt have it that bad but my worse weeks were 9/10/11 then it improved. Now at 17 I dont feel sick at all...

Hang in there hopefully you wont feel bad much longer and check out some of the severe MS and hyperemesis discussions.

Mimsy2000 Thu 09-Oct-08 11:19:04

i was nauseated for the first trimester with my first and second. with my second i actually got sick towards the end. both are truly awful. the nausea in some ways can feel worse b/c you have no physical symptoms to 'prove' how truly awful you feel. if you are really struggling go to the gp as there are meds that can help through this period. should get better by the end of the first trimester tho. good luck.

MrsMattie Thu 09-Oct-08 11:22:21

I don't know which is worse, really.

I had hyperemesis for the first 16 weeks of this pregnancy and while the constant puking was horrific, there was a patch towards the end where I felt like being sick constantly, but only managed to heave and wretch a bit. it was truly awful. You have my sympathies.

It's totally normal, by the way. Lots of women are never actually sick, they just feel very nauseous and sensitive to smells / motion. And it foten kicks in around the 8-10 week mark. Lots of womne say they feel much better by 12-14 weeks. Hopefully it will clear up for you soon.

MrsMattie Thu 09-Oct-08 11:22:54

foten = often !

heverhoney1 Thu 09-Oct-08 11:23:12

Oh believe me I have read the horror stories and know I am really very very lucky!!!

I am just worried about how it is going to affect my work, I am out and about quite a lot and if it is likely I am going to have weeks where I cant leave my office for fear of being too far away from a bathroom I need to give my colleagues a bit of a heads up (Which I really dont want to do as I dont think they are going to take it very well anyway).

Had hoped the Sickness had passed me by as apart from 1 occasion I was relitively fine up to 10 weeks (smug me thought I got away with it) but last couple of days I have felt awful everytime I tried to move!!!

nickytwoooohtimes Thu 09-Oct-08 11:23:30

I felt but was rarely actually sick when pg.
It is horrid.
Mine went away about 14 weeks.
Hang in there!

1stMrsF Fri 10-Oct-08 17:02:47

I'm 9 weeks and I feel sick all the time, now having to wear my sea bands in bed and feel sick when I wake up in the middle of the night. It does go away when I eat, but only for about 10 minutes or so and then I often have acid indigestion afterwards! I've only actually been sick twice. I think everythings normal and I'm just praying that it goes away soon!

Crazycatlady Fri 10-Oct-08 18:40:17

I felt sick constantly from 5 weeks to 16 weeks, it got progressively worse from weeks 8-13, then began to ease.

It's awful, I really feel for you. I did end up telling my boss as I was wearing travel sickness bands and sucking on travel sweets the whole time!

Being tired, cold, in the vicinity of strong smells, too hungry or too full made it worse, so try and avoid these things if you can.

And none of the usual sickness remedies (ginger for example) worked at all, so don't be disappointed if you find the same.

It will pass I promise. Hang on in there!

broodymom Fri 10-Oct-08 21:28:32

I am 13 weeks and sick every morning and retch all day (very embarassing in public dp just laughs at me) but i have constant nausea and i hate it i can handle being sick but constantly feeling sick is so depressing sad
this is #3 for us and i'm usually sick the whole 9months.

Anyone find that when your sick its different from being sick normally? i find it so violent like someone is squeezing my insides and always that yucky yellow stuff its really horrible.blush

Littlemisskiwi Thu 16-Oct-08 21:25:40

hey broodymom

firstly, how come your dp gets away with laughing at you?? he should be supporting you!

Yeah, my sick is usually quite spitty and mucusy to yellow bile. Are you eating enough?

three pregnancies feeling that ill. I don't know how you do it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now