Talk

Advanced search

A couple of C section questions.....ref: arnica and sickness

(6 Posts)
Pontypine Wed 08-Oct-08 14:45:09

Hi there everyone!

I am booked in for my 3rd C Section in 26days (yes, we are on days now, not weeks as it feels ess time - although i am freaking out now)

Since having DD nearly 5yrs ago i have discovered the wonder of arnica and i love it and want to use it to help me heal after my C section.

My question is, when do i start taking it? Before my C section? after? Immediately after?

I am 35weeks today and i am having my C section at 38+5

also, is it worth taking raspberry leaf tea tablets - i know they are supposed to strenghten the uterus and will help it contract back down to "normal" (if there is such a thing after 3 kids) size.

Any help gratefully welcome!

also, i have the most wonderful thing in the world for pregnancy - travel sick bands - will i be allowed to wear them during my op? they are not metal at all and i remember feeling REALLY sick in my last C section and i know that if i wear them my head will convince itself it can't feel sick!

Sassyfrassy Wed 08-Oct-08 16:40:35

Hiya,I had my second c-section 8 weeks ago and wasn't allowed to wear anything of my own other than my glasses but you can always ask. I got very sick several times throughout the procedure but told the anastehesist each time and he injected something that made it better straight away.

Pontypine Wed 08-Oct-08 16:58:34

was it wine? grin

eidsvold Wed 08-Oct-08 22:36:32

i am sure others have taken it before their surgery. For my two that I used the arnica after - I just took it as soon as I got to my room.

No idea about the second although I know in all three instances they just taped my wedding band and I continued to wear it ( i did not think I could get it off anyway!!)
I would just ask when you go for pre admission.

flowergirls Thu 09-Oct-08 14:58:49

Had 3 cs and used arnica each time. Started before each section (the day before i think!) As for sickness, let the anaesthetist know and they can give you something which should help straight away. You should meet him/her pre op so its worth mentioning in advance. I always get the mega shakes, so warned him before and he was ready to go as it started. Good luck and hope its a good experience for you grin

beaufies Thu 09-Oct-08 15:53:56

I went to see a homeopath just last week in preparation for my section next week.

She specifically said not to take the arnica before the op, only after the worst of the bleeding has stopped ie in the recovery room if it's all going well or when you arrive back on the ward.

Didn't know that you might feel sick though shock I thought that was only if you had a general rather than a epidural/spinal.

Oh well, I'll soon find all this out I guess !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now