Talk

Advanced search

Someone commiserate with me about my excruiating rib pain at 39 weeks :-(

(8 Posts)

Got the most horrendous rib pain (right hand side), got steadily worse over the last two weeks due to the baby's position (not engaging at the moment either). Keeps me awake at night and I can't sit or lie down comfortably, DD didn't engage until labour so no chance of any relief soon

Ebb Wed 08-Oct-08 12:49:43

You poor thing. My Ds wedged his foot in my ribs and no amount of wriggling/poking/stretching would shift him! I was luckier than you in the fact he did engage fairly early and was 2 weeks early. But sending you sympathy as I remember how it feels!

Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy and hope your baby puts in an appearance soon!

ToThrottleABlackBird Wed 08-Oct-08 12:52:25

Go on your hands and Knees and wiggle about, thats whats been helping me smile

Can't believe how uncomfortable this is! Like you I've tried every trick in the book to shift him with no joy, making me feel very irritable.

Not sure at the moment what bothers me more, going into labour or having this for another two weeks hmm

elibumbum Wed 08-Oct-08 16:58:11

Sending you sympathy! Had this in last trimester when I was pg with DS and am getting it a bit already in 2nd trimester with this one! It is so uncomfortable.

Leaning over the birth ball whilst watching tv in evening helped mine a bit. My active birth book says stretching arms up should help with rib pain too.

Tapster Wed 08-Oct-08 18:30:20

I had this from 20 weeks with my DD! Leaning over birth ball helped a bit but to be honest not much did and I'm a yoga teacher.

I have a bean bag that I lean over in the evenings, can't believe how high my bump is - worries me that labour will be long again if he hasn't engaged by now.

elibumbum Wed 08-Oct-08 20:35:17

2nd+ babies don't tend to engage as early as 1st babies. In fact I'm sure I've read that they often engage when labour starts.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now