Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

3 days overdue.. anyways to kick start labour?

(3 Posts)
HelenCS Tue 07-Oct-08 17:30:33

Hiya,

Im 3 days overdue and just wanting to get this baby out.

Saw the doctor today who said head is fully engaged and its just a waiting game..

But have been told the midwife will perform a sweep on friday and i will be booked in for an induction next friday/sat but really want to avoid these

Any tried methods which have worked?

Lib76 Tue 07-Oct-08 17:36:20

fresh pineapple! worked for me! well i had sweep on wed ate fresh pineapple wed and thurs and started on the Fri morning! ANYTHING is worth a go! oh and sex!! wink

Romney Wed 08-Oct-08 02:57:20

I don't think there are any methods that work unless your body is near ready to go anyway. But you may as well try everything vigourously for the best chance! Walking, sex, sweeps, and allegedly pineapple and curries. Is there a pineapple curry available? I'm sure there'd be a market for it amongst pregnant women.

If you want to put off the induction for a bit, then get them to monitor you everyday to prove the baby is alright and the placenta is still working. This should also show whether you are getting contractions and if they are progressing. Thats what I'm doing at the moment. (so no, I can't personally vouch for any of the above methods working yet!).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now