Talk

Advanced search

Positive Test

(7 Posts)
elaineinshock Tue 07-Oct-08 09:43:53

Feeling a bit scared.

Just taken a pregnancy test as I am one week late and it has a definitive positive line.

I’m so confused. I don’t feel like it’s real. I’ve been getting period type pain – is this normal?

MarkStretch Tue 07-Oct-08 09:44:48

Ok, is this a good thing? Or a very bad thing....

GeorgeTheCarpetThrasher Tue 07-Oct-08 09:47:30

I get terrible 'period' pains when i'm pg so that is normal ime.

Thing is though, you don't sound happy with the news? or are the pains worrying you?

elaineinshock Tue 07-Oct-08 09:59:56

I am so happy, but it's such early days and I'm quite a hypochondriac so I'm just quite scared.

So if I am a week late, how pregnant am I?

DeJaVous Tue 07-Oct-08 10:03:54

Congratulations!

A week late is 5 weeks pregnant, it counts from the first day of your last period, I'm 5 weeks pregnant too.

Period type pain really is quite normal. Are you having other symptoms? 'tis quite nomal not to feel anything much yet, especially with a first pregnancy. I already have one child and the symptoms have definitely been heftier and earlier than when I was pregnant with DD.

DeJaVous Tue 07-Oct-08 10:04:44

Due date calculator

gem1981 Tue 07-Oct-08 10:17:34

I had preiod pains too when I was about 5-8 weeks pregnant with both of my pregnancies - the MW told me it was all the ligaments stretching and making room for the growing baby.

Try to relax x

congratulations.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now