Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Question about movements in late preg - partic if you felt loads of movements at bottom of your bump

(18 Posts)
MamaG Mon 06-Oct-08 17:47:27

<<considers namechange but can't be arsed>> Did anybody NOT have any movements at top of bump (ie just felt movements at bottom of bump)?

After a few days of very energetic movements (the baby, not me, I am a big walrus who doesn't move much) I am pretty much feeling all the movements at the bottom of my bump, with some "shifty" movements around the middle of it (does that make sense? I mean you can see a lump moving from side to side, rather than a kick type movement)

MW had a really good feel and said she thinks baby is head down but isn't 100% so will have another feel when I go back at 38 weeks. She said baby has a v hard bum (!) and that I have a lot of amniotic fluid (tis true, I always do, its like niagra falls when they go!)

BASICALLY - I'm trying to convince myself that the baby isn't breech. Come and make soothing noises and pat my back and agree. Or not grin

Love, Pregzilla xxx

PS I'll be 37 weeks on Thurs (shock)

ajm200 Mon 06-Oct-08 17:54:22

Yes, don't mean to worry you but what you describe is what I've been feeling since baby turned breech at 37.5 weeks on Friday. I also have some major pain/BHs for hours while baby tries to change position and fails. These to not feel like normal movements, just very strong cramps and pulling pains.

I can also feel a bony lump in the middle of my tummy at the top that I pointed out to the MW. She checked and so did her colleague but they couldn't be certain was a head until it was scanned. I suspect if it was my first it would have been missed until delivery sad

Phone the MW and ask them to arrange a scan ASAP, if they have to turn baby with an ECV it needs to be done now before baby gets to big or there is too little room/fluid.

They are trying to turn mine tomorrow shock
when baby turned breech at 37.5 weeks. What you describe is what I'm getting most of the time.

ajm200 Mon 06-Oct-08 17:55:50

Sorry, pls excuse the state of that posting. I had help from a 2 yr old drumming the keyboard and 'lost' the last line.

MamaG Mon 06-Oct-08 17:56:53

oh good luck ajm, let me know how you get on.

I'm hoping MW was right when she said she htought head was down, but i think my description is quite specific and if you feel the same way...have also been having uncomfortable BHs.

Do you think perhaps i should just make an appt to go see her on friday?

ajm200 Mon 06-Oct-08 18:06:58

I think you should definately talk to her or go and see her and ask for a scan. It only took 10 minutes to check. Baby was confirmed breech immediately and the rest of the time was taken up with measurements of baby, fluid, etc. She shouldn't be offended.
Depending on the position of the baby and the number of children you have had, it may be possible to have a vaginal birth with a breech but it is best that they know beforehand.

The last thing you need is a mw who is inexperienced with breech births and baby presenting in a way that is risky. My baby is currently in a 'bad' breech position, presenting with one foot down. I'd have a better chance of a VB if it was bottom down, feet up.

My baby could push the cord out or slip out before I'm fully dilated so that the head would get stuck..

ajm200 Mon 06-Oct-08 18:08:01

Sorry it wasn't the soothing message that you wanted blush

ajm200 Mon 06-Oct-08 20:12:44

Good luck MamaG - I hope your baby isn't breech

MamaG Mon 06-Oct-08 21:52:59

cheers ajm. Good luck tomorrow

MamaG Tue 07-Oct-08 12:25:32

Bump in the hope that someone will say "oh I had that and it was fine"!

or should I ring MW

or should I piss off

scorpio1 Tue 07-Oct-08 12:28:17

If you are going back at 38 weeks i would relax....get on your hands and knees, give baby plenty of room to move round if it is breech.

FWIW Mimi was breech at 37 weeks, but did turn by 38. Us 3rd timers have much more room no muscles grin

hanaflowerate3scones Tue 07-Oct-08 12:29:32

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MamaG Tue 07-Oct-08 12:30:41

conflicting opinions there grin

Good point re lots of room, MW said he has ltos of room in there, lots of fluid etc.

I'll see what happens at appt next week...I think

scorpio1 Tue 07-Oct-08 12:32:36

Do you have history of labour? (you dont, iirc?) then not much worry. They do turn, mostly. If not, breech VB is possible.

scorpio1 Tue 07-Oct-08 12:32:56

sorry, earlier labour

MamaG Tue 07-Oct-08 12:33:33

I've never gone into labour grin but wouldn't want a breech VB I don't think <wince>

scorpio1 Tue 07-Oct-08 12:34:52

apparently its ok, so my mum says! 2nd one, 8lb 2. she is 5'2 and 8st!

if you do get on your knees, be craeful of your back, dont down arch iyswim

MamaG Tue 07-Oct-08 12:54:03

Well I do need to clean the kitchen floor...!

Romney Tue 07-Oct-08 18:13:56

Midwife suspected I had a breech after examination at 41+4. Big boney lump at top front of bump that just sort of moves in and out mostly. Anyway, went for scan yesterday and it turns out all is fine, the head is well down.

Still no sign of him coming out though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now