Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Second pregnancy - do you ever get to 'bloom' or get that burst of energy?

(5 Posts)
countrylover Mon 06-Oct-08 15:38:11

I'm currently nearly 13 weeks and I've been lucky in that the MS tailed off a few weeks ago. However when pregnant with my DS I can clearly remember getting to 11-12 weeks and feeling absolutely bursting with energy and looking fantastic, glossy hair, glowing skin.

Running around after a three year old and working with a one hour commute each way has left me exhausted - and that's before I got pregnant!

Has anyone else ever got to the 'blooming' stage second time round or do I just resign myself to the fact I'm going to be shattered forever?

MrsMattie Mon 06-Oct-08 16:14:24

No two pregnancies are the same, that's all I can tell you! Never had a blooming stage with first pregnancy - lurched from morning sickness to tiredness to complete and utter exhaustion and bad SPD. With this pregnancy, I had horrendous ms until 16 weeks, but from about 20-28 weeks I bloomed. I'm coming up to 33 weeks now and although people keep saying I look 'amazing' (bonus!), I am beginning to feel wrecked with it all.

girlandboy Mon 06-Oct-08 16:15:50

No, and it will NEVER come back!

countrylover Tue 07-Oct-08 13:37:40

Ha, ha, ha - I thought that might be the case.

Excellent!

merryberry Tue 07-Oct-08 14:10:47

had a nice patch from weeks 20-30, then was too heavy to enjoy it, with 2 year old to play with all the time! the nice patch was just a kind of suprised 'ooh, don't feel like death warmed up...i'm ok' not the wowser bloom, no!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now