Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Can you use a cansasten pessery whilst pregnant? Or internal cream?

(12 Posts)
EnchantedWithEdwardCullen Sat 04-Oct-08 19:34:27

Im past namechanging for such embaressing things grin

I've had thrush for a while and when i went to the midwives 3 weeks ago she gave me canesten, which clears it up temporarily but its comes back after a few days or immediatly if DH and I are intimate... then he gets it too

I think I need the internal cream, but can I use it?

TheFallenMadonna Sat 04-Oct-08 19:38:15

I used a pessary at 26 weeks. The doctor told me not to insert it too far hmm

I would see your GP and ask.

Andthentherewerethree Sat 04-Oct-08 19:39:09

you can, i was advised not to use the applicatir by the gp, but to insert manually! blush

EnchantedWithEdwardCullen Sat 04-Oct-08 19:45:13

So i need to go see the GP?

Thanks x

EllieG Sat 04-Oct-08 19:48:36

I asked GP when pg - pessary and cream both fine. Oral pill not fine.

countingto10 Sat 04-Oct-08 20:19:10

I assume your DH is treating his thrush, otherwise you will be passing it backwards and forwards.

I had thrush on and off during all my pregnancies, had pessaries and cream - did take a while to get rid of.

EnchantedWithEdwardCullen Sat 04-Oct-08 20:34:53

Yes, but I was using daktarin and he had an allergic reaction to it, so i had to swap to canesten which he used and is fine... until we have sex then we both flare up again.

so it must be internal in me.

IdrisTheDragon Sat 04-Oct-08 20:36:17

When I got thrush horribly when pregnant, I went to see the GP and was given about 6 pessaries and told to take them every other day - and it did work.

EnchantedWithEdwardCullen Sat 04-Oct-08 20:37:40

Did they examine you idris... i can't be doing with that at the moment!

proudmummy08 Sun 05-Oct-08 00:58:26

Hi I too had thrush alot in the last couple of months of my pregnancy. Mine also flared up when me and my husband had sex. I went to the doctor and she gave me the pessary and the cream and no I didnt get examined. That was my first thought too though! It took a couple of times before anything actually happend but it did and I was eventually thrush free.

IdrisTheDragon Sun 05-Oct-08 07:16:51

I didn't get examined

xhorseymadx Sun 12-Oct-08 11:57:13

Im Really Bothered With Thrush Grrr Its So Horrible And They Just Keep Giving Me This Crappy Cream That Doesnt Even Work In Fact I Think It Makes It Worse At Times!! And I Did Get Examined And A Swab Taking Just Incase It was An Infection Of Some Sort Insted Of Thrush But It Turned Out It was The Bad Old Thrush angry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now