Talk

Advanced search

Fainting (while sitting)

(5 Posts)
kraftwerkkittie Sat 04-Oct-08 13:10:27

I fainted on the tube yesterday morning (had had breakfast). I was sat down, 35 weeks, went home afterwards and spent the rest of the day in bed. Feel fine today and the baby's leaping about as usual. Checked lots of books and they said it was normal and that it wouldn't have harmed the baby.

Can you confirm? Called the midwives but they never called back.

On the plus side, four people helped me out and gave me water and stuff. All on the same day that Esther Rantzen was on GMTV banging on about how people are selfish and unsamaritanlike, so at least that proves you wrong Rantzen!

ShowOfHands Sat 04-Oct-08 13:13:36

I fainted on the tube at 36 weeks. I was sitting down. I was too hot I think. No bugger helped me though.

Everything absolutely fine and the midwife wasn't concerned.

McDreamy Sat 04-Oct-08 13:15:03

Happened to me a couple of weeks ago in a restaurant! DH was with me (Dr), elevated my legs lowered my head etc, restaurant gave us water (and then charged us for it hmm). I came round quite quickly, did you?

Mentioned it to the midwives on my next check but they said nothing to worry about. All normal though, unfortunate but normal side effect of pregnancy. Hope you are feeling ok.

kraftwerkkittie Sat 04-Oct-08 13:18:49

Thanks peeps! Yep I came around as soon as people started talking to me and the lady next to me gave me her bottle of water and that helped too.

Boo to scabby restaurant charging you for water and to mean people not helping you on tube. Guess I was lucky. Wish I could get a message back to them to say a proper thank you!

McDreamy Sat 04-Oct-08 13:19:48

Well you never know who reads these threads smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now