Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

stretchmarks ... are they really here to stay ?

(15 Posts)
lovinit Wed 02-Mar-05 00:27:57

I am pg with no.2 and with DD I managed to get an assortment of stretchmarks on bum, thighs and lower tummy. Question is : Do i need to be really vigilant again (or maybe I wasn;t the 1st time round) and apply plenty of cream to prevent new ones. Will my now overstretched skin be more than enough to accomadate the new baby , given that I am much lighter than last time round ?

Any advice or past experience pls !?!?!

marthamoo Wed 02-Mar-05 00:30:26

Yes you have them , yes they're here to stay - though they do fade to a silvery colour. Only consolation I can offer is that I didn't seem to get stretch marks on stretch marks: I got a shedload with ds1 and didn't seem to have room for any more with ds2...

marthamoo Wed 02-Mar-05 00:31:12

I don't believe cream makes a scrap of difference - you get them or you don't.

anorak Wed 02-Mar-05 00:38:22

Who wants to be like a blank sheet of paper?

People who have something written on them (emotionally or physically) have a history and experiences. And a life.

Congratulations on your stretch marks

threadkillingstrawberry Wed 02-Mar-05 00:45:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

turquoise Wed 02-Mar-05 00:48:27

I think it's genetic, same with wrinkles.
I agree with anorak - it's like the difference between a hotel bedroom or a home.

essbee Wed 02-Mar-05 01:13:42

Message withdrawn

hoxtonchick Wed 02-Mar-05 03:35:40

definitely genetic. the stretchmarks i got with ds have just turned a lovely purple colour (am 21 weeks pg), mmmmmmmmm, just hope i don't get more but am not holding out any hope!

emmatmg Wed 02-Mar-05 07:04:55

I agree with everyone else, they are here to stay. And no amount of cream will stop them.

If you're lucky, like me, you'll get the Austrian blind effect on your lower stomach.

Ds1 caused them low down, vertically. Ds2 higher up, virtially and then ds3 lots all over horizontally(sp?). My stomach below my belly button IS just like an austrian blind and beleive it or not I'm actually quite fond of it, DH on the otherhand is horrified by it.

Kelly1978 Wed 02-Mar-05 08:22:58

I'm on my third pg, and each time I've got new stretchmarks, even tho during my second pg I was a lot smaller. I don't think creams make the slightest difference, it is caused by rapid growth, and there is nothing that can be done about it.
I don't worry about it tho, they are the signs of carrying my children, and it doesn't bother me in te least. After three pg, my belly is going to be way too saggy for crop tops anyway!

Fastasleep Wed 02-Mar-05 08:26:02

Not sure about genetic...my mum and gran never got one stretchmark and I got about half a million...at the tender age of 16 this is most upsetting lol....they're also very wrinkly but that's cos they smoke lots and I am not going to be wrinkly

Fastasleep Wed 02-Mar-05 08:27:17

Mine actually almost disappeared too... they'd faded from silver to almost skin tone and were quite hard to see, they've gone pink again now as I'm pg again...me and DH have learned not to mind them I never showed my belly off anyway!

skerriesmum Wed 02-Mar-05 08:28:43

Well said anorak, mine are still around as well, along with weird scars from ds rubbing and sometimes scratching my tummy!

lovinit Mon 07-Mar-05 12:09:57

I have to admit that I DO PREFER that I did not have them but I am in agreement that at least we have gorgeous children to show for them !

hunkermunker Mon 07-Mar-05 12:46:45

look here for something to make people with no stretchmarks jealous (I'm not one of them!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now