Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Private hospital costs / insurance

(4 Posts)
Marmotti Fri 03-Oct-08 09:59:42

Has anyone had any luck insuring for costs of 'complications'? We're considering going private but worried about scope-creep in the event of an emergency c / extra days in hospital for mum and baby.

helenlouisey Fri 03-Oct-08 14:27:32

I think it very much depends on your insurance company. Some companies will cover more than others, so probably best to give them a call and find out what your policy covers. I'm insured with BUPA and they will cover me for a c-section (for medical reasons) and a five day stay in hospital afterwards.

jasperc163 Fri 03-Oct-08 15:34:41

I asked my insurance co (Standard Life) as covered for complications and they refused to specify at all. Said it would be on a case by case basis! Not very helpful. I would imagine emergency c-sections are a definite though....

SlinkieM Sat 04-Oct-08 14:11:41

My insurance company would cover me for a medically necessary c-s (not just emergency) and stay in hospital. I went private - did not need to avail myself of this cover either time. But my consultant's booking paperwork said often ins companies will also cover a delivery by rotational forceps but did not test this either thankfully!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now