Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

TMI Alert (blush) - Pregnancy discharge....

(7 Posts)
Gettingbiggernow Thu 02-Oct-08 19:33:12

Hi, I am 24wks pg with DC1 and for a while have noticed a big increase in mucus blush. I mentioned this to MW a while ago and she reassured me it is common/normal etc.

I usually use panty liners for this but ran out yesterday so used some tampons instead.

When removing the tampon I noticed clearly that the discharge is ahem, well, (sorry TMI) pale green, although odourless.

I haven't felt pain as such although just this last day or two have felt sort of stretching "cramps" (which I don't know is normal or not).

How would I know the difference between normal mucus and an infection? Thanks & sorry if TMI, I am just worried. Not due to see MW at doctors for another week but should I wait that long/make a doctors appt/call the MW unit at hosp to ask advice?!?!

abbymeg Thu 02-Oct-08 19:45:22

You need to make an apt at the doctors who will take a swab to check. I had this early on, and still get it on and off, but swabs were clear of infection - just one of those things. Hopefully for you too. smile I wouldn't worry too much, just get yourself checked out. the stretching is probably your ligaments from the baby growing.

MrsBadger Thu 02-Oct-08 19:48:48

I'll bet you a tenner it's thrush

J2O Thu 02-Oct-08 19:52:26

i'm not sure, but i think that you maybe shouldn't use tampons when pg. The discharge sounds quite normal, but get a quick check too, may well be thrush.

broodymom Thu 02-Oct-08 21:28:57

I agree with j20 tampons are a big no no in pg please speak to your mw again.
www.babycenter.com/0_vaginal-discharge-during-pregnancy_270.bc

Gettingbiggernow Thu 02-Oct-08 22:04:31

Thanks for your responses everyone. I didn't know you definately weren't meant to use tampons at all. I know it seems obvious but thought the baby would be well protected as such, given that intercourse can't harm it although now I know there is an increased risk of infection.

I am going to ring the doctor's tomorrow, no chance of an appointment before Mon/Tues so shall just have to monitor & wait until then. Didn't know the doctors can do the swab either. It's hard when it's the first pg as it's only after the events you learn what you need to know IYSWIM!! Wish the MW had said about tampons but maybe she thought I wouldn't be so daft blush

Thanks again!

Gettingbiggernow Thu 02-Oct-08 22:05:28

meant increased risk of infection from the tampon, not intercourse of course (durr!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now