Talk

Advanced search

Am I ok to be drinking lots of pineapple juice?

(9 Posts)
staryeyed Thu 02-Oct-08 12:13:40

Im 11 weeks. Its really the only liquid I can bare at the moment due to bad MS.

titfortwat Thu 02-Oct-08 12:16:54

I has a craving for anything pineapple while pregnant with DD

EffiePerine Thu 02-Oct-08 12:20:31

yes - I think it's fresh pineapple that you can use to bring on labour, and you'd need to eat a lot of it to have any effect

staryeyed Thu 02-Oct-08 12:29:25

Thanks.

surprisenumber3 Thu 02-Oct-08 12:31:48

I had a thread last week about the copious amounts of orange juice I was drinking - this week the thought of it makes me heave

ceedub Thu 02-Oct-08 15:38:13

how funny, the only think I've had any kind of craving for is fresh pineapple. I looked it up and it's a good source of manganese, vitamin C and vitamin B1.

DeJaVous Thu 02-Oct-08 15:39:53

It's the core of the pineapple (the hard almost inedible bit) that contains the hormone that is said to bring on labour.

Juice should be fine.

Kalikaroo Thu 02-Oct-08 17:31:44

I've also been craving pineapple juice but found that even in small amounts it really made me want to wee even more than usual. DH (who's a scientist) says that the enzymes in pineapple have a diuretic (sp?) effect, just like coffee or alcohol.

Still love it though grin

countingto10 Thu 02-Oct-08 17:42:41

I had a thing for tinned peaches in juice whilst suffering from MS - obviously meeting a need for sugar and hydrating as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now