Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Homeopathy In Pregnancy

(4 Posts)
colette Fri 21-Feb-03 19:22:25

I am interested in trying homeopathic medicine . What I'd really like to know is- is it safe in pregnancy .I am getting conflicting advice .
I have trouble sleeping - my mind is churning over stupid things and making "to do " lists.. Consequently I feel pretty exhausted the next day and have real trouble getting through a day's work or on the days I don't work getting much done. It doesn't sound like much but it's really stressing me and I'm feeling guilty for being impatient with dd and work is pretty pressurised at present .
Also as I'm 21 weeks I feel I would like to be getting things done as last time I was quite ill in the last trim. (induced at 36 wks)
Dh works really long hours and last weekend I completely lost it with him and ended up nearly throwing a lot of his junk ( he is a hoarder)out of the window - as I am fed up waiting for him to clear it up. I was a bit O.T.T.!!
So after that rant - has anyone any advice/ recommendations.
Thanks

pupuce Fri 21-Feb-03 23:00:42

Hi Colette

If you have serious trouble falling asleep, a friend of mine is sepcialies in accupuncture for pregnancy and she has told me that it works REALLY well for such problems as insomnia... I haven't tried it myself but this friend is reliable and she wasn't trying to sell me anything ...

As for homeopathy - yes it is safe but I'd advise you to see an homeopath versus self-medicating as they might be better at pinpointing what you should take!

Good luck

ghengis Fri 21-Feb-03 23:19:27

Collette, you sound like a normal, hormonal pregnant woman to me! I too used to make lists at night and found if I wrote them down before I went to sleep, or even during the night, that I would fall back to sleep with my mind at rest. I found reflexology the best but be sure you discuss your pregnancy with the reflexologist beforehand. Good luck

anais Fri 21-Feb-03 23:28:06

Collette, I agree with Pupuce. Homeopathy is safe in pregnancy, but it would be best to visit a homeopath. Remedies are selected according to a wide range of criteria - it;s not just a case of a single remedy for a particular condition. There are thousands to choose from and obviously to be effective it needs to be the right one.

HTH

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: