Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Scan concerns

(3 Posts)
ZensBaby Thu 02-Oct-08 09:54:28

Dear All
I am now 24 weeks pregnant with my first child. When we had the 20 week scan the baby would not open its hands. I had had a low risk of Downs from the combined test however they said that clenched hands could be a sign of Edwards. Anyway we ended up having four scans in the space of a week and then an amnio which thankfully was all clear.

I had a repeat scan yesterday (they said it was routine after an amnio) and all was fine except the baby still would not open its hands. All other measurements were fine and the baby was moving around - arms, legs, feet. The consultant said there is a small possibility of a neuro muscular problem but this is unlikely and I am having another scan in four weeks.

Has anyone else had this? Anyone got any thoughts or advice?

It seems ridiculous after the emotional rollercoaster of the amnio etc but I am really struggling to cope with this news (which is nowhere near as bad as the discussions we were having before the amnio). This feels like he final straw - everytime I think I can get on with enjoying the pregnancy there is something else.

Sorry for rambling on, I needed an opportunity to vent.

Thanks for your advice x

orangehead Thu 02-Oct-08 09:58:07

No experience but felt I had to answer. I understand its really worrying espeacially when you dont know. Hope you ok.

orangehead Thu 02-Oct-08 10:49:34

Bumping for you incase anyone has experience

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now