Talk

Advanced search

Buggy help Needed please.....

(5 Posts)
Jenski Wed 01-Oct-08 22:09:41

I am in the process of looking for a Phil and Ted double buggy to buy second hand (can't afford new one!), but am now confused as have seen a new phil and ted classic for sale for £299. This seems good but what is the difference between this and the e3?

Any advice would be appreciated.

TIA

misdee Wed 01-Oct-08 22:11:33

the 'new' classic is basically the e3 minus the bumper bar. and i think the classic only comes in red. here

Jenski Wed 01-Oct-08 22:19:05

Thanks Misdee.

I now need to decide whether to spend £200 on second hand e3 in average condition (i have found one and need to get back by tomorrow!), or stretch a further £100 for a new classic??

Obviously being pregnant, I am totally unable to make a decision that I am happy with or that I can stick to for more than 5 minutes.

I don't think I will need the double bit for long as once dd3 comes along dd2 will be almost 3.

Oh, decisions, decisions.....

ScarletTiger Thu 02-Oct-08 00:00:20

I don't know if this helps in your decision making, but we have the Phil & Ted e3 - there is 18mths between first & 2nd and it was fantastic for the first 9 months, however since the eldest got a scooter for Xmas when he was 2yrs 4mths he has not been in the pram once. I am now due with 3rd (in 2 weeks) and there will be 20mths difference between 2nd and 3rd and I cannot get the second one into the pram.
In fact I haven't used my Phil & Ted since August when my eldest turned 3 and got a balance bike and my second started using the scooter.

Jenski Thu 02-Oct-08 09:31:33

Thanks ScarletT,
I am rethinking now, and considering a buggy board for DD2. I think the phil and ted has become a bit of a status symbol grin

There is 17months between by first 2dds and I had a double maclaren for them, but such hard work to push as they got older! I am expecting baby no.3 in 9 weeks and dd2 will be 3 in January, so she probably will be walking mostly.

Are you all ready for number 3? I am feeling surprisingly calm about another, but that could all change!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now