Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Oh my Lord, the thirst!

(16 Posts)
cfc Wed 01-Oct-08 15:56:53

Hello, it's my first post here, though I am no stranger to internet forums. I think this is such a useful site, esp for the employment side of things.

Anyway, I am pregnant with our first child and just 9 weeks....I cannot quench my thirst! It's driving me mad!

Has anyone else had this? Did you just drink and drink and drink? I need a full night sleep....sad

Any tips, oh wise ones?

Neeerly3 Wed 01-Oct-08 15:58:00

yes keep drinking, but also talk to your MW as it could be a sign of something like gestational Diabetes.

karma Wed 01-Oct-08 16:03:44

Hi cfc, yes I have been very thirsty in 2 of my 3 pregnancies, just kept drinking pints of water. No diabetes detected for me but certainly check with your midwife.

louii Wed 01-Oct-08 16:07:30

I was the same an unbelievable thirst, never knew anything like it, did not have gestational diabetes either.

cfc Wed 01-Oct-08 16:09:53

Cheers for the replies ladies. Shall mention it on Friday at my booking in appointment.

Just made my way through another bottle! I will have to stop on the drive home from work!! blush

dan39 Wed 01-Oct-08 16:11:24

Me too, 22 weeks now, found that really cold water kept nausea at bay. Do get urine checked tho for diabetes - its ahrd to avoid having it checked as when you are pg it seems that you take the p** with you everywhere you go!!! I drink 2 - 3 + litres a day, think I might have a fish in there.

cfc Wed 01-Oct-08 16:16:43

dan39 Wed 01-Oct-08 16:31:23

I have a really annoying trip home from work - 10 min walk to car park, then drive for up to 40 mins. I have a tactical wee as I leave office then walk fairly sedately to car - found rushing made it worse. I swear I have seriously considered stopping at a house/pub on the way. I am also telling myself leather car seats would be very forgiving were I to have an accident....smile

cfc Wed 01-Oct-08 16:38:47

I may have to invest in covers!

Nah, I've not been that bad just yet, I stop drinking from about now. My journey home is much the same as yours, actually dan.

I am gagging for a drink by the time I get in though, and my throat feels like it's about to close over it's that thirsty!

I will mention it to MW, see what she says.

Will she be able to hear a heartbeat when we see her on Friday? I'll be 9+2.

CantSleepWontSleep Wed 01-Oct-08 17:00:02

No, far too early for her to even try listening for heartbeat.

CookieMonster2 Wed 01-Oct-08 17:29:29

My midwife found a heart beat at 9 weeks, but I think I was lucky.

cfc Wed 01-Oct-08 18:43:49

Ooo, exciting. Shall have to wait and see!

ButIForgetMyself Wed 01-Oct-08 19:12:50

I was terribly thirsty as well, it was ridiculous. I'd take a pint of water to bed with me but also had three bottles beside the bed as back-up!

Got better for a while but now is back at 27 weeks.

pgwithnumber3 Wed 01-Oct-08 19:15:25

I had an addiction to water whilst pregnant with my first two. It became a nightmare and when in labour with DD1, they had to drain 2 litres of water from my bladder as DD1 couldn't pass through the birth canal because my bladder was that full!

This time around, strangely I haven't had the same craving.

redrobin Wed 01-Oct-08 19:22:27

i drink like a fish too - have found fizzy water slakes the thirst best...maybe you can try that?

broodymom Wed 01-Oct-08 20:18:39

i had this all weekend i was walking around morrisons shopping i drank a litre of water,then another in the car on the way home! i thought something was wrong with me !lol feeling ok now though .I'm 11+4 weeks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now