Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

13 weeks pg, stressed and screamed really loudly. Worried that I may have harmed my baby

(11 Posts)
moochi1 Tue 30-Sep-08 20:27:53

Hi all

It's my first time in this forum.

I'm 13 weeks pregnant (after 2 mcs) and while I'm so very happy and excited I can't let go of the worry and sadness of the times before.

It all got to me this morning and I just screamed my lungs out. I'm now so worried and guilty that I may have harmed or stressed my little unborn baby in some way.

I'd appreciate any advice or help.

thank you

scotlass Tue 30-Sep-08 20:51:14

Hi moochi1 and welcome.

I don't think a screaming session will have harmed the baby at all.

So sorry about your previous 2 losses and congrats on this pregnancy.

Why don't you join us on the knicker checkers thread? I'd put a link but I've no idea how to do it, it's in the pregnancy topic too. We've all been through what you're going through and are doing our best to support each other through it.

moochi1 Tue 30-Sep-08 20:58:59

Hey Scotlass

Thanks so much for your message and your support. I'll seek out knicker checkers (which I still do many times a day! lol)

It's so tough to try to even explain to my other half or anyone else what this feels like as I know I should be incredibly happy I conceived again so any support I can get or give would be wonderful.

scotlass Tue 30-Sep-08 21:02:56

I can honestly say I've gained more support and help through these hellish few weeks from the lovely fellow knocker and knicker checking ladies on that thread than I have from any one in rl including my lovely DH.

Conceiving again I've always found to be just the start and it can be a fraught / painful journey. Honestly come and join us
xx

AnathemaDevice Tue 30-Sep-08 21:13:07

Are you me? I screamed louder than I have ever screamed before this morning, due to being overtired, stressed and 2 buses not arriving to get me to work this morning, leading to me having to get a taxi which I really can't afford. I just got to the point where I couldn't hold in the frustration any longer. I can;t imagine it's done anything untoward to the bump. Anyway, surely it's better for you and the baby to let all your stress out rather than brooding on it?
Hope everything goes well for you.

AnathemaDevice Tue 30-Sep-08 21:14:41

By the way, hope I didn't come across as insensitive, I was in no way trying to compare a miscarriage with missing a bus, I just wanted to say that you're not the only one screaming like a banshee then worrying about it!

terf Tue 30-Sep-08 21:20:52

I felt like that - we've been going through a pretty stressful time and have had some fairly hairy days but I've been assured that it shouldnt harm the baby - probably better to scream and let it out then hold it all in. Same thing with gas I believe...

moochi1 Tue 30-Sep-08 21:25:37

Thanks Anathemadevice - you weren't being sensitive (and besides the screaming was because I couldn't find clean tights! the final straw. lol)

I will join you scotlass! I think I've gone through enough on my own

Thanks Terf - I believe I have the gas thing to come!

poppy34 Tue 30-Sep-08 21:56:04

sorry about your 2 mcs. but I think screaming good - I was going to psycho therapist 3 times a week and worrying every night - knicker checkers threads a good one for support.

dan39 Sun 05-Oct-08 19:47:45

Hi moochi I am a knicker checker too - come see us - and from what I understand they haven't developed ear bits yet so can't hear. I think your emotions might get thru but I reckon women have been having babies for centuries and have got really excited, really stressed and really pissed off and we are all still surviviing! So don't feel bad about it! smile

<<<waves to scotlass!!>>>

ranirani Tue 07-Oct-08 13:59:28

Hi, I had the same experience when I was your term in PG, am 22 weeks this Fri. I was furious, never ever have behaved like that in my entire life. I blamed it on PG hormones. Poor DH was shocked but understanding blush, he was the objct of my anger (obviously, who else could it be?? blush ). Sfter than I had a scan at 21 week, everything is fine, baby so fr is good, very peaceful inside. Although at that time when I was stressing out it was pulling th cord like anything. But survived
so you should not worry
good luck with you PG by the way, you will be fine. second trimester is a great experience, at least for me, so youwill be fine xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now