Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Inducing labour

(7 Posts)
AmandaN Fri 26-Sep-08 11:53:29

I'm just over 39 weeks pregnant - waters broke early Wednesday morning and since then I have been hanging around waiting for something to happen which has been pretty frustrating... Have been trying a mixture of rest but also keeping active with the occasional walk, using birthing ball to sit on, trying pressure points on my feet and hands, curry, etc etc. Am told clary sage oil may be worth a try and currently trying to track down an acupuncturist for a quick session to see if that helps things along... Just wondering if anyone has any other suggestions or tips to get things started? I was so hoping to be able to go to a smaller midwife led hospital and to be able to use a birthing pool, but if nothing has happened in the next couple of days I will have to go to the district general for an induction which will be disappointing :-(

Lib76 Fri 26-Sep-08 12:45:45

AmandaN, are the MWs aware your waters have broken?

AmandaN Fri 26-Sep-08 13:14:37

Yep, I went to the ANC that morning for a check-up so that's all fine, and they put me on the induction list just in case...

Am now obviously keeping an eye on my temperature, and colour of fluid and baby movements, but again all fine...

Lib76 Fri 26-Sep-08 16:51:29

that's good. i would try eating fresh pineapple! it worked for me, well maybe! i had a sweep done wed pm ate fresh pineapples wed, thurs and started contractions on the fri! anything is worth a go! good luck wink

AmandaN Fri 26-Sep-08 20:43:36

Thanks Lib76, what will be will be in the end I guess!

SlinkieM Fri 26-Sep-08 21:14:40

Went into labour 36 hrs after reflexology - although I'd had no signs of labour, to be honest I expect he was coming then regardless (39+4) though it was very pleasant so worth a try?

GreenMonkies Fri 26-Sep-08 21:18:52

Clary Sage oil may well help to stimulate contractions. Are you actually having contractions yet?

Hope you are huffing like a train and mooing like a cow in no time!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now