Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

anyone know anyone who had periods throughout pregnancy? I think I may be one!

(6 Posts)
horsygirl Thu 25-Sep-08 16:40:48

Last month, I bled when my period was due. But only for one day. since then I've discovered I am pregnant. A month later, today, I bled again. I went for a scan and everything is seemingly fine, little jelly bean with strong heartbeat. I've heard stories about people having monthly 'periods' throughout pregnancy. Is this right????

horsygirl Thu 25-Sep-08 18:32:26

bump? anyone?

conkertree Thu 25-Sep-08 20:01:57

no personal stories but have been on other threads where people have mentioned friends etc who this happened to - at least for the first half maybe of the pg - not much use I know, but presumably if you've had scans and they have been fine, the midwives etc are not worried about it - sympathy though as it must be worrying every time it happens.

MsG Fri 26-Sep-08 09:51:17

Hiya. I know someone this happened to - she didn't even realise she was pregnant until she was 7 months gone, but this was nearly 40 years ago so they wouldn't have had scans etc then. I have heard of it happening to other people too. I can imagine it must be worrying for you. Have you talked to your doctor or midwife about it? x

orangehead Fri 26-Sep-08 09:58:05

I have heard lots of stories but dont know anyone personally. I did bleed most way through both my pregs but not period. Spotted at 4 weeks, heavy bleed for 5 days at 6 weeks, spotted at 8,10,13,18,32 and 39. Still two healthy boys and a big thick file of scan pictures for each time I bleed also an extra scan with ds1 at 25 weeks as I was big for my dates. I should of just set up camp at the scan department

expatcat Fri 26-Sep-08 10:25:50

I have had spotting for several days at the time when each period would have been due up until about week 20 of both my pregnancies. My mum had bleeding that was more like proper periods at the time her period would have been due with both her pregnancies.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now