Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Those who've had HG, when did it end for you?

(9 Posts)
Cosmogirl Thu 25-Sep-08 16:38:27

I'm 13+2 - just curious how long I might be feeling this crap?

crokky Thu 25-Sep-08 16:40:29

Sorry to be negative, but I had it until delivery both times.

Cosmogirl Thu 25-Sep-08 16:41:51

Really, God that's awful. Did it get better for you though? Did you at least have some good days? At this point I'm wondering if I'm ever going to feel well enough to go baby stuff shopping!

bikerunski Thu 25-Sep-08 16:43:53

On the first day of the 15th week - so maybe not long! But I didn't tell any of the docs (I was in hospital) for 3 days as I wanted to be sure before thet discharged me (I was in and out 4 times with HG).

Hope you feel better soon. DS is 18 days old, everyone said that the baby would make me forget all the sickness - but no, I still remember it vividly!

LaTrucha Thu 25-Sep-08 16:44:35

A lot of people feel better at 14-20 weeks. I had it until delivery too though. Don't think this is the majority experience. Sorry you're feeling crap. It's hideous.

crokky Thu 25-Sep-08 16:45:35

It got better in that I could move about a bit (at it's worst, I was bedridden and suffering constantly!). I was able to buy baby stuff later on in the pg, but my mum went with me as I was too ill to go alone!

Pinkyminkee Thu 25-Sep-08 16:47:08

DS it was the first 20 weeks, a bit sick at the end but not too bad. DD it was all the way through to delivery. Been a bit off and on this time- not really full blown HG.

Sorry you are feeling crap. It is crap, no two ways about it.sad Just make the most of the good days.

becstarlitsea Thu 25-Sep-08 16:47:27

I was sick right up to delivery, but I had quite a few phases where it wasn't quite so bad (ie throwing up just a couple of times a day instead of constantly), and those phases lasted a week or so at a time, scattered throughout my pg. But my sister who had HG too was better by 17weeks with both of her pregnancies, and I think that's more common. Sympathies, HG is so horrible.

LaTrucha Thu 25-Sep-08 16:48:20

I improved at 29 weeks - could leave the house alone but not do much.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now