Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

is it stupid to buy maternity clothes before I have a bump? Gap 30% off ends Sun...

(16 Posts)
littlefrog Thu 25-Sep-08 13:23:55

What do you think? Will I be able to tell at all if they'll fit at this stage (9 weeks, but if anything a bit thinner than usual - no bump at all yet)?

30% off is v tempting, but if I'm going to waste it all by buying stuff that's no good later, then it's money wasted not saved!

bellabelly Thu 25-Sep-08 13:27:18

If you see stuff you LOVE at 30% off then go for it but remember that the weather will have changed by the time your bump appears and lots of summery tops will be no use to you!

Sarimillie Thu 25-Sep-08 13:28:14

I'd go for it if I were you; I found Gap maternity stuff good, especially the work trousers and long vests. Just buy your normal size, and get a few choice bits...

Sarimillie Thu 25-Sep-08 13:29:12

Summery tops not much use now, sadly, tho there's always layering...

georgiemum Thu 25-Sep-08 13:31:42

I just bough some baggy tops (which I still wear) and when I got bigger I splashed out on a few lovely tailored pieces which fitted like a dream and made me feel great (I was working and had to look presentable then).

Sallypuss Thu 25-Sep-08 13:32:33

Go for it. I bought a few things in their sale earlier in the year and have virtually lived in the two pairs of cargo pants I got for £5!

littlefrog Thu 25-Sep-08 13:37:46

really? ok i will then - though risk being labelled a sad fantasist as I wander about not looking pg...

bellabelly Thu 25-Sep-08 13:44:13

lol, strap a cushion to your tum!

MrsKing Thu 25-Sep-08 13:54:50

Does Gap have online sales in UK? cheers

SlinkieM Thu 25-Sep-08 15:09:33

Can you post a link to the voucher? (Cheeky but need some more regular clothes now, in a bigger size, and gap just up the road!)... I'd be tempted to wait though as gap do do quite a few 30% off, usually one at end of November for early Xmas shoppers which may suit you perfectly!
Second recommendation of their maternity stuff. They change collection regularly too which is good.

littlefrog Thu 25-Sep-08 16:24:30

Mrs K - don't know abt the online sales thing.

SlinkieM, there's a link on the vouchers page here, otherwise there's another on the moneysavingexpert website.

terf Thu 25-Sep-08 16:35:14

Unfortunately Gap dont have online sales in the UK...

Chaotica Thu 25-Sep-08 16:43:49

If you buy trousers before the bump, you might find that they don't actually fit you when it arrives. I never found maternity trousers to fit (but I'd never have known in advance). Tops a good idea though.

bikerunski Thu 25-Sep-08 16:48:20

I bought some mat clothes before I had a bump, and never got big enough for them!

Pinkyminkee Thu 25-Sep-08 16:51:17

I bought in the GAP sale at the beginning of my PG and it was definitely worth it. Buy your normal size, and try to buy things that will do for the full term- summer things that look good woth long sleeve top under etc. GAp stuff v.pracctical, IME.

SlinkieM Fri 26-Sep-08 08:29:26

Thank you littlefrog.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now