Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Where can i go to find out sex of baby?

(6 Posts)
Heather26 Sun 27-Feb-05 19:08:54

We were more disappointed than we thought we would be, when the sonographer was unable to tell the sex of our baby at my 23 week scan on Tuesday. Most NB thing is that we have a happy healthy baby but we are more keen than ever to find out the sex! Where can we go and pay to find out? We live in the South East region.

misdee Sun 27-Feb-05 19:10:29

there are a few clinics that do private scans, ask your midwife if she knows of any. but i think the price for a private scan is about £100 and they cant guarentee they can tell you either.

HunkerMunker Sun 27-Feb-05 19:10:38

You could go here and have a 4D scan - or google to find other clinics nearer you, as London might be too far for you?

Heather26 Sun 27-Feb-05 19:24:30

Thank you! Will make some calls. Found a few more sites through Google.

Newbarnsleygirl Sun 27-Feb-05 19:28:05

Hi heather26

I paid £40 to go to a private clinic to find out the sex of my child when I was PG.

I asked my midwife and she knew where I could go. This was in Doncaster (south yorks) though.

I'm sure you would be able to find somewhere that will do it without paying £100+. I know the ones that are advertised in the baby magazines are mostly London based and exspensive but you tend to find there the ones that record the scan for you to take home.

SecondhandRose Sun 27-Feb-05 20:08:16

I had mine done at The Capio Rivers hospital in Sawbridgeworth near Harlow. It was £65.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: