Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

pain in hips when sleeing.

(6 Posts)
staryeyed Wed 24-Sep-08 12:22:35

Ive started to get pain in my hips in the morning like aching. I did get this with my last pg but Im sure it was much later on- Im 10 weeks. Also getting a slightly strange sensation in my fanjo. IS this normal and what can I do to help ease the hip pain?

ajm200 Wed 24-Sep-08 12:25:58

Might just be ligament pain as everything is stretching or it could be SPD. Mention it to the Dr or MW as your next appt and they will refer you to physio.

Hathor Wed 24-Sep-08 12:29:50

Yes - I got pains in the hip during late pregnancy. I think it might be the ligaments loosening up ready for birth and the extra weight pressing down when you sleep on your side. Horrible!
It was much better when I padded the mattress by putting an extra duvet or sleeping-bag under the bottom sheet to make it softer.
Good luck.

Wheelybug Wed 24-Sep-08 22:12:19

stary - I get this with my hips too. Had it with my first pregnancy but not until late on. I am now almost 16 weeks and had it from about 9 weeks. I find sleeping with a pillow between my legs helps (although its a bit bizarre)

TheHedgeWitch Thu 25-Sep-08 10:02:35

Message withdrawn

staryeyed Thu 25-Sep-08 11:20:33

ok thanks all.I did mention to docs today who said it was fine and to just make myself comfortable and take paracetamol if needed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now