Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Non-frumpy maternity wear problem

(15 Posts)
ButIForgetMyself Tue 23-Sep-08 22:33:40

Anybody know of a really nice non-frumpy non-floral maternity dress that I can wear for my DP's gig on Saturday? Sick of going to his gigs in black trousers and a smock top. I'm a size 16 but curvy rather than overweight, 26 weeks but not a massive bump. I don't really suit long dresses, would ideally be just over the knee so I could wear with knee-high boots. Black is good, but I have an open mind.

Any recommendations would be greatly received and appreciated.

Pria Tue 23-Sep-08 22:53:32

Try something from Isabella Harvey (online). Great wrap tops and trousers, or sexy dresses

Flibbertyjibbet Tue 23-Sep-08 23:06:38

New Look do maternity these days, cheap and cheerful but some nice pieces. It might only be in bigger branches though so I'd give them a ring or check website to see which branches stock it.

JackieNo Tue 23-Sep-08 23:08:01

Topshop maternity?

JackieNo Tue 23-Sep-08 23:11:39

Some nice dresses here.

bikerunski Thu 25-Sep-08 12:29:45

Gap Maternity

andi2k9 Tue 15-Sep-09 11:26:36

Maternity wear has come on leaps and bounds since the bad old days of the 70s/Mid 80s - high street retailers almost all have a decent and stylish range - for example, i think that Peacocks have a great range of maternity clothes - cheap but fashionable, well worth a look. Oh, and hi everyone!smile

MrsBadger Tue 15-Sep-09 11:33:13

Pria means Isabella Oliver

pricey but good, except the wrap top that does you up like an egyptian mummy

frogthistle Tue 15-Sep-09 11:39:43

I bought this one www.mamasandpapas.com/product-frill-wrap-dress/s0006145/type-s/
last week & I am same as you (size 16, curvy, 16 weeks so small bump).

It looks great ATM & I thought £40 not too awful. I bought a contrasting vest top to go underneath there too.

brightonbleach Tue 15-Sep-09 13:01:33

try the littlewoods online range, holly willoughby mat range has nice kneelength dresses reasonable prices

BABYBUFF205 Wed 21-Oct-09 20:44:40

I would try Here this pageRealy cool maternity swimwear .

Mama2b5 Wed 21-Oct-09 22:28:06

I got some nice stuff- tesco brand which is cheap and cheerful wearing non frumpy dress black dress (£12) went one size up with some leggings (£5) and some thigh high boots - told i look lovely and a funky mum! by DD-15!grin

amyboo Thu 22-Oct-09 08:37:22

I just bought a lovely plum coloured maternity dress for a couple of weddings from the H&M Mama range. Definitely not frumpy - fitted nicely around the boobs, gathered aboved the bump and ties at the back. They also had the same one in black. It was ?29,95, so I guess would be about £30 in the UK. I'm usually a size 12-14 and I fit a medium perfectly.

notyummy Thu 22-Oct-09 08:39:47

Top Shop maternity, as suggested above. I got a couple of really nice things there.

blondieminx Thu 22-Oct-09 10:36:45

and have a look at ASOS too, lots of minxy dresses on there grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now