Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Really itchy lady bits...

(13 Posts)
thehouseofmirth Tue 23-Sep-08 22:03:09

When I say lady bits I don't mean my vagina so I don't think that it's thrush. It's specifically where my pubic hair is and only itches in the evening and at night. Any ideas about what it is before I drag myself off to GP?

bundle Tue 23-Sep-08 22:04:32

lice?
have a look @ your eyebrows...

thehouseofmirth Tue 23-Sep-08 22:16:57

No, disgusting as it is, that was one of my initial thoughts but I have had a good look and mercifully ruled out any type of creepy crawley!

heather1980 Tue 23-Sep-08 23:04:23

are you hot? it might be dhobi itch, which is a kind of thrush but can occur all over the genital area, it's caused by sweating.

LackaDAISYcal Tue 23-Sep-08 23:10:46

I get this too houseofmirth. only at the end of the day and not every day either. I think it is like nappy rash from being a bit sweaty and overly...erm...moist (sorry if that's tmi blush) down below.

I've been putting some of DDs nappy rash cream on and it's been much better the last few days.

dhobi itch sounds good to me.

thehouseofmirth Wed 24-Sep-08 12:55:26

Thank you! Having already got eczema on my hands and wrists and conjunctivitits so being pretty itchy already I was beginningt think I was imagining it! It's always better when something has a name, isn't it?

Will try some soothing cream and giving myself a bit more ventilation!

LadyN Wed 24-Sep-08 14:58:30

What a relief to finally hear from fellow sufferers. I've had the most awful itchy rashy pubic area from week 1 of pregnancy ( now in week 33 !)
The GP has given me various creams but none have particularly helped - but with judicious application ( ie my own rotation of jock rash cream, sudicrem, E45 itch cream and another anti-itch cream) I have managed to tame it to some extent.
The only thing which has helped me is to try and keep sweat free as much as I can - so no tight fitting trousers but its been no easy feat as I seem to sweat buckets in that area (probably tmi I know!) regardless of how much ventilation I give and did so in my last pregnancy too.
At times the scratching has got so bad that I have caused my flaps to bleed and then of course they scab over which ain't particularly nice or attractive blush. I've always suspected its eczema but have not had the energy to pursue a proper diagnosis.

Hopefully you will find something to ease the itch - good luck !!!

LackaDAISYcal Wed 24-Sep-08 15:22:06

try avoiding scented products in that area as well. Mine has definately got worse since the MN skin bliss trial!!!

LackaDAISYcal Wed 24-Sep-08 15:24:18

LadyN.....you should come and say Hi on the November AN thread

thehouseofmirth Wed 24-Sep-08 16:16:19

So do you think crotchless maternity tights are readily available?!

LadyN Wed 24-Sep-08 16:23:03

Now thats one for a Dragons Den pitch surely ?

thehouseofmirth Wed 24-Sep-08 16:48:14

Absolutely! Anyone want to come in wth me then?

LackaDAISYcal Wed 24-Sep-08 20:13:49

lol houseofmirth; but there's be nowhere to stick the tena-lady wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now