Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

oh and Lucozade?

(5 Posts)
LoveActually Tue 23-Sep-08 17:52:02

Been told to drink Lucozade when I have my next bloods taken in 3 weeks (28 weeks), and do it an hour before. I thought this was only if they suspect diabetes? Or do some hospitals differ from others (am booked in at the Rosie Maternity Addenbrookes) x

1sttimer80 Tue 23-Sep-08 22:01:35

Hi Loveactually,

I'm 38weeks+, thik it was at 28 weeks as well I was called in to do a blood test. This involved drinking lucozade and then they took a blood test afterwards.

I wouldn't worry as far as I know this is a rountine test they do, just to make sure you haven't developed gestational diabetes. Just because they are checking doesn't mean that they think you have it.

If you're worried though, give your midwife a call.
P.s. m,y hospital is the royal free in hampstead

Hope this helps and good luck!

1sttimer80 Tue 23-Sep-08 22:02:12

Hi Loveactually,

I'm 38weeks+, thik it was at 28 weeks as well I was called in to do a blood test. This involved drinking lucozade and then they took a blood test afterwards.

I wouldn't worry as far as I know this is a rountine test they do, just to make sure you haven't developed gestational diabetes. Just because they are checking doesn't mean that they think you have it.

If you're worried though, give your midwife a call.
P.s. m,y hospital is the royal free in hampstead

Hope this helps and good luck!

LoveActually Wed 24-Sep-08 08:52:50

Thanks 1sttimer80 xx

SummerLightning Wed 24-Sep-08 09:04:23

hi there, everyone in Cambridge seems to have that test, so don't worry. I have mine in half an hr!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now