Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Really fed up today - whens it over!

(7 Posts)
oopsadaisyangel Tue 23-Sep-08 15:34:38

I'm 23 weeks and having a bad day!!

My back is killing me (have sciatica), haven't been to the toilet in days so feeling really bloated and now have piles (sorry if TMI). Feel like I've been pregnant forever (my DS2 was stillborn in December and found out I was pregnant again in May).

I've just had enough today - feel really teary and sore and just want to go home and go to bed. DH has been great - he took day off work yest to look after sick DS1 (6) and completely spring cleaned the whole house, so I know I don't need to do anything (much) for the rest of the week but I just feel I'm having such a downer today. sad

oopsadaisyangel Tue 23-Sep-08 15:35:50

sorry just having a moan grin

HeathersMummy Tue 23-Sep-08 15:39:12

Don't apologise oops we all feel like that at times. Sending big <<<<<HUGS>>>>>> your way smile

chinchi Tue 23-Sep-08 15:40:45

Dont worry- Ive had a few this pregnancy!

Im 28 weeks tomorrow and it feels like Ive been pregnant forever! Have a good cry and get it out, believe me it will help.

Plan something nice for yourself this evening- a long soak in the bath, mini manicure/pedicure, early night with a good book.

They are small things but make all the difference. Sending you lots of positive vibes

oopsadaisyangel Tue 23-Sep-08 15:42:32

bath and a book sounds like a good idea, felt the same yesterday and ended up going to bed about 9pm. Can you have the baby blues before you have the baby?

PuzzleRocks Tue 23-Sep-08 15:43:14

Oops you are doing great. Take it easy on yourself.
Sending you positive thoughts too.

mrsgboring Tue 23-Sep-08 15:51:36

Oops, you can have ante-natal depression; it is thought to be even more common that PND. If you think you may have it there are things that can be done to help.

However, of course the pregnancy after a stillbirth is an appallingly difficult time. I lost my DD and then got pregnant with DS 7 months later so know where you're coming from. It is insanely hard and you should have the right to moan, cry, go to bed and sleep round the clock, sit quietly sobbing and swearing in the queue for ante-natal, whatever gets you through the days TBH.

Every minute you do of this pregnancy is a minute off your time. But it does feel interminable. Look after yourself.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now