Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Hypnobirthing CD 'effective birth preparation'

(5 Posts)
2catsand1rabbit Tue 23-Sep-08 15:19:28

Has anyone used the 'effective birth preparation' CD £16.99 (hypnobirthing for labour), and if so, would you recommend it? I'm not sure whether I'd be wasting my money.

Technoprisoners Tue 23-Sep-08 15:29:05

It is good - deep relaxation techniques - but I've managed to get similar stuff for free for my iPod. You're supposed to listen to it very frequently - it might grate after a while, so I didn't listen to it too often. I don't think it's the same as the proper, hypnotising techniques which you learn on a course, though.

Anglepoise Tue 23-Sep-08 22:59:24

I did a HypnoBirthing course and have been lent the Effective Birth Preparation CD, which I've been listening to for the past week or so. I actually prefer the Natal Hypnotherapy one to the one we were given on the course (which involves too much visualising rainbows for my liking) but can't tell you if it's any cop yet because still waiting for LO to make an appearance. I guess it can't hurt, though it's probably worth keeping an eye on ebay for a secondhand one

MrsThierryHenry Tue 23-Sep-08 23:02:18

YES! Definitely. I had an amazing labour, it lasted over 48 hours but I only used 1 paracetamol (ha! some crazy midwife's suggestion) and a wee bit of gas + air. Fantastic CD.

ajm200 Wed 24-Sep-08 08:49:14

Techoprisoners - where did you get the free stuff?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now