Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

38 weeks, feeling strange!

(3 Posts)
BlueJellie Tue 23-Sep-08 15:17:09

I've got a really weird feeling down below, like a bearing down in my nether regions. Closest thing I can compare it to is feeling like I need a poo! Sorry if TMI! I haven't really had many braxton hicks with my pregnancy & when I have they've been the tight tummy kind. Is this just a form of BH? 1st pregnancy btw so clueless!

gem1981 Tue 23-Sep-08 17:57:10

possibly the babe's head moving into position - give your midwife a qick call though

I have had this recently but it is accompanied with BH - sorry if this is TMI but it is usually worse when I need a poo.

(the glamour!!)

lulumama Tue 23-Sep-08 17:58:35

could be baby;s head moving down into the pelvis, ready for birth. although engagement does not neccesarily mean that birth is imminent... you do get pressure down below as the pregnancy reaches the end, simply from the weight of everything,

maybe you do need to loo though? grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now