Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

How long untill your fouf gets back to normal if ever?

(11 Posts)
reluctant1stimer Mon 22-Sep-08 21:02:46

How long until it feels the same, you can have a wee, sex, it stops bleeding? Does it recover fully?

fryalot Mon 22-Sep-08 21:04:12

you should be able to have a wee straight away.

I had sex when dd2 was about three days old

I stopped bleeding after about 6 weeks with each one.

Does it recover fully? um... it's different and not what I knew as normal, but it's normal now

hth
grin

HelpMNINeedYou Mon 22-Sep-08 21:07:10

lol at fouf wink, I take it you mean your fanjo grin

It does recover eventually, everyone is different. it took about 8-10 weeks to feel normal enough to be able to have sex ect. the bleeding lasted 6 weeks and weeing didn't hurt after about 10 days.

Minniethemoocher Mon 22-Sep-08 21:10:09

Sex after 3 days?!!!! I take my hat off to you, for me it was over 3 months, but I did have a 3rd degree tear to recover from.

georgimama Mon 22-Sep-08 21:10:52

6 weeks bleeding (before you panic, for me anyway it had turned very light and "watery" by about 3 weeks, not at all like a 6 week long period), 10 weeks before we had sex. More or less forced ourselves to because both quite worried. By about 15 weeks actually felt normal again.

georgimama Mon 22-Sep-08 21:11:18

I also had a 3rd degree tear.

fryalot Mon 22-Sep-08 21:11:44

well, it was considerably longer with dd1, and I didn't have any tears or anything with dd2, dp was being particularly nice and snuggly and I thought "what the hell!" grin

georgimama Mon 22-Sep-08 21:16:46

BTW you are hyper fertile immediately after giving birth (God knows why) so if you are going to, take precuations unless you want to be that person the midwife tells everyone about who was found to be pregnant at her six week check.

Heated Mon 22-Sep-08 21:17:23

Never, never, never, never look in the mirror at post-baby fouf as my mw advised...!

Btw, has the Channel Tunnel reopened?

noonki Mon 22-Sep-08 21:19:38

weeing for me - dd1 about 2 weeks 9had grazing so stung

with dd2 about 2 days

saex dd1 - about 8 weeks hurt LOADS so tried again about two weeks after kept hurting - then basically got told to keep trying and after about 20 goes it stopped hurting (and actually the sex was better! - but more infrequent)

georgimama Mon 22-Sep-08 21:25:21

I would agree with that - sex is definitely better, probably because despite my wobbly bits and stretch marks I feel incredibly proud of my body now and never embarrassed, not because I'm so hot (as if) but because I feel so darned clever making our beautiful child.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now