Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Strong Smell - Down Below (TMI)

(9 Posts)
heron22 Sun 21-Sep-08 11:24:47

Hi

It is really embarassing to post this blush

I am 22 weeks pregnant and no matter how often i wash, i still have this really strong smell down there. The smell is really obvious to me and I am not a contortionist!

Has anyone experienced this problem? Any solution?
Thanks!

Millie26 Sun 21-Sep-08 11:27:53

You havent described the smell (even more tmi! ) but pregnant women are susceptible to BV which is where you get an overrun of good bacteria (or bad, cant remember) and it alters the smell so it isnt very nice.

Your doctor can give you some medication and
it will celar up quickly.

Def go and get a swab taken - and stop washing so much as this amkes bv lots worse because you dont give the vagina time to rebalance.

heron22 Sun 21-Sep-08 11:30:56

also, i do not have any itching or vaginal discharge. Just the awful smell blush

heron22 Sun 21-Sep-08 11:32:02

Hi Millie, thanks, thats a good idea. I will ask my doc.

MrsMattie Sun 21-Sep-08 13:11:24

Does sound like BV. You'll need some anti-b's to clear it up if so, so definitely get to the doctors. You can reduce your chances of getting it again by washing only with warm water - no perfumed soaps and shower gels etc.

ObsidianBlackbirdMcNight Sun 21-Sep-08 14:01:27

I stank all the way through. Could smell myself constantly and even straight after showering I would smell. Has completely gone now even though I am bleeding and had stitches, it must be hormonal. Nasty though!

Lukesmammy Sun 21-Sep-08 14:38:57

I had this too and had swabs taken but no infection. For me, I was told that it was just hormonal and sure enough it totally went a couple of days after the birth.

dan39 Sun 21-Sep-08 22:09:02

I am 20 weeks and am convinced I smell too - I keep thinking I have wee'd my knickers and then they have dried...had assumed it ws my strong sense of smell, will ask about poss infection.

weddingcake Mon 22-Sep-08 13:24:29

Definitely have some swabs done. I had this from about 30 weeks pregnant and although I had swabs done which came back negative I went into labour at 35 weeks and I'm still convinced it was because I had some kind of infection.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now