Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

CHICKENPOX, PREGNANT AND NOT IMMUNE

(4 Posts)
rosielady Sat 20-Sep-08 20:11:35

I found out on thursday my DS1 has chickenpox, i then discovered by test that i was pregnant and after a blood test the following morning found out that i had not had chickenpox before and was therefore not immune. the doc sent me to the hospital and last night i got an injection which is meant to boost my immune system against getting it - but it is now a waiting game. the risks to me and baby are scary if i get it - anyone else have experience of this and can offer any advice?

hedgepig Sat 20-Sep-08 20:37:21

Hi rosielady I also was exposed to chicken pox when pg (friends child) and had the injection to boost my immunity. luckily I didn't get chicken pox. Sorry but you just have to wait and see what happens which is not what you want to hear I'm afraid.

Minniethemoocher Sat 20-Sep-08 20:46:44

You did the right thing by having the injection for the immune system, I think it is called immune globulin (VZIG).

Hope that you are OK.

Kat172 Sat 20-Sep-08 21:37:30

Hunny im sorry this has happened to you, while i was pregnant with my 3rd i was in the labour ward as had early bleeding think i was 23 weeks and there was a outbreak in the hospital id had cp when kid so didnt think anything of it so was tested and wasnt immue i had the injection also but nothing else happened . Hope things work out ok.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now