Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Late anomaly scan - should I be concerned?

(7 Posts)
Daffodilly Sat 20-Sep-08 20:06:42

I will be 20 weeks pg next this coming Wednesday. However we go on holiday on Thursday for 2.5 weeks and my anomaly scan is booked for a few days after we get back when I will be almost 23 weeks.

I am concerned that this is quite late - what if they find a major problem at this late stage? No reason to think so - but now I have got the idea into my head I can't stop worrying about it.

Would you request an earlier scan - or will hosp think I am just being difficult?

Ledodgy Sat 20-Sep-08 20:07:29

I don't think i've ever had m 20 week scan at exactly 20 weeks. 20 weeks is just a guidline, it will be fine. smile

whomovedmychocolate Sat 20-Sep-08 20:18:49

Daffodilly - actually while the cut-off rate for elective termination is 24 weeks with major problems in practice they will abort much later (sorry I know this is a horrible thing to think about but since you asked).

jammydodger Sat 20-Sep-08 20:20:20

In Edinburgh where I had my 2 babies, they don't do any kind of scan unless an emergency after 12 weeks. So personally I wouldn't worry - although that's not very helpful probably grin.

EffiePerine Sat 20-Sep-08 20:20:39

I think the timing of the first 12 week scan is more important, esp if you are having the nuchal screening.

Kat172 Sat 20-Sep-08 21:40:09

i had mine at 20 weeks and had to go back at 23 cause they couldnt get measurements hunny ,

Daffodilly Sun 21-Sep-08 13:04:22

Thanks for all the replies - I am just being all paranoid and hormonal (again)!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now