Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Vaginismus and childbirth

(4 Posts)
helplease22 Sat 20-Sep-08 20:00:34

Name Changed for this - Anyone have this and go on to successfully give birth vaginally? I've recently discovered that I think I have this, however not to the most extreme severity. Just curious if others have had this and their experience with childbirth. I'm due to give birth soon!!

FAQ Sat 20-Sep-08 20:06:19

I had it from before I had DS2 for several years (is fine now).

Make sure you STRESS to them that you have it, I didn't stress strongly enough/or they didn't really know what it is, so had loads of internals (which obviously were awful for me) (which I found worse than the contractions - and it was a pretty awful labour tbh in that regards!)

Make sure they understand what it is so that they can properly treat you accordingly - I found the actual "birth" part absolutely fine - it was things going "in" that was agony - coming out was sore (obviously wink) but relatively easy.

helplease22 Sat 20-Sep-08 20:34:44

Thanks FAQ. That's exactly what I am worried about. The internal exams before the birth to check my cervix and see how dilated I am. I wonder if they could just limit the amount of these that they do. I just get really tense at the thought of something going in there.

FAQ Sat 20-Sep-08 20:59:48

they can definitely limit them (I only had one for the duration of DS3's labour grin) - and if you have a good mw (as I did when I had DS3) they'll take it nice and slow and take as long as needs be - lots of gas and air helped me to relax - gave me something else to concentrate on so that I didn't tense up so much.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now