Talk

Advanced search

I want another child by husband doesn't

(4 Posts)
DOJ Sat 20-Sep-08 15:52:34

Hi everyone,

I just wanted some advice really. Do you ever get to the place where you feel "I don't want anymore children" or is it an on going, fluid thing, that can change month to month? We have 3 children already, and I am 38 and feel if I don't try soon for another one it might be too late. My husband is quite adamant he doesn't want to have anymore. I really don't know what to do and wish I felt the same as him that I feel ready to say I have finished. Could anybody share with me their experiences? Thanks ever so much

sarah293 Sat 20-Sep-08 15:57:21

Message withdrawn

foxinsocks Sat 20-Sep-08 16:08:42

I definitely don't want anymore and I can imagine if your dh feels the same as I do, it would be v hard to persuade him to change his mind (but I do think some people have fluid feelings!). It's a very personal thing isn't it.

Incidentally riven, both my children were quite poorly as babies (not seriously unwell but I spent the first 2 years in and out of hospital with them) and even though I am not the broody sort, for a couple of years, I did feel the urge to have the sort of baby experience that a lot of people get (you know, the cuddling and cooing etc.) as I felt I'd been cheated of that. It passed though that feeling! But when I see parents with babies lying happily in prams, I do feel a little heart tug as I never had that and never will!

jalopy Sat 20-Sep-08 16:49:38

That must be difficult for you, DOJ.

I definitely don't want anymore. Three is enough for me. Don't get me wrong, I still feel sad I won't go through the baby stage. To be honest, I'm more interested in focusing on the ones that I've got. I'm really enjoying them now they are older. Coping with the different personalities, different ages and different stages of development makes me less interested in starting out all over again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now