Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Virtually no symptoms - is this normal?

(11 Posts)
mags98 Fri 19-Sep-08 19:42:37

Currently about 5 1/2 weeks.

This is my 3rd pregnancy - I had a missed miscarriage at 9 weeks last August and an early one at 5 weeks in May.

With both of them I knew things were going on - with the early MC I knew things weren't right as I had spotting all the way along (actually thought it was a period but had a positive test* and with the other one I just felt ill. Really tired, sick, sore boobs, but I just didn't feel well, if you know what I mean. I think I knew things were wrong.

This time, virtually nothing. Minor waves of very mild nausea, boobs slightly tender and slight cramping but nothing else, basically, I just feel normal. If I hadn't missed a period and had several positive tests I wouldn't even know I don't think. I have done a few tests and all are strongly positive, and those clearblue things with the time on are moving forward.

Can this be normal?

whomovedmychocolate Fri 19-Sep-08 19:52:07

Yep. You are just lucky this time I think.

mags98 Fri 19-Sep-08 20:22:52

Lets hope so!

I think its just that because of my past experiences with pregnancy in the past I am just so worried everything will go wrong again. At least if I was throwing up everywhere or something I would know that all was well.

notnowbernard Fri 19-Sep-08 20:24:24

With my first pg (dd1 smile) I just felt like I had constant PMT. Thought I was going to start my period any time

No 'obvious' pg symptoms at all

jkklpu Fri 19-Sep-08 20:25:05

Yes, sounds fine. V soon you're likely to be so tired you can't keep your head up beyond about 7.30pm, but great that you don't have anything more debilitating so far. Oh, and be starving hungry all the time.Congratulations.

EachPeachPearMum Fri 19-Sep-08 20:42:20

I had no symptoms in my first pg at all, was very licky.

EachPeachPearMum Fri 19-Sep-08 20:43:07

Gah! I sound like a dog! I was v lucky

frazzledoldbag34 Fri 19-Sep-08 21:26:51

Hi Mags
Sorry to hear about your miscarriages. That must have been awful.
We sound very similar! I am also about 5.5 wks pg with my third baby. And I am also feeling quite un-pregnant. Becuase I've requested CVS this time I was given an early dating scan (stupid GP inisited I was 8.5 wks even when I explained I couldn't be) yesterday and all looks absolutely fine, definitely pg. No heart beat yet seen but apparently it's a bit early.
Normally at this stage I'm feeling hellish, nauseous, exhausted beyond belief etc (usually from before the preg test to be honest) so I was a bit concerned because all I've really had is slightly sorer boobs than usual and a bit of tiredness. Oh and a pot noodle craving (I know, revolting).
So yes, sorry I'm waffling but I expect you're just lucky this time. Best of luck with this pg. Come and join us on the Woo-Hoo Summer babies due May 09 thread if you like - there are lots of us on there at the same stage (obviously) if you might like a bit of support?
Congrats anyway on your BFP. x

FiveGoMadInDorset Fri 19-Sep-08 21:28:44

Mags - my second pregnancy was like that and he is now 13 weeks, fingers crossed for you.

EightiesChick Fri 19-Sep-08 22:33:29

Mags, I was the same in the first trimester. It all seemed disappointingly undramatic iyswim. I'm 21 weeks now and all is fine so fingers crossed will be the same for you.

CoteDAzur Sat 20-Sep-08 06:53:06

I'm 4 weeks and a bit and have no symptoms. I didn't have any in the first two months of pregnancy with DD, either.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now