Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone else thought that when BFP came they would relax- and were WRONG!!

(10 Posts)
heverhoney1 Fri 19-Sep-08 13:07:54

I thought that TTC would be the worst bit but when I got my BFP I would chill!! But all I have done since is WORRY!! I worry that I am not suffering too badly with MS! I worry that my CM is the wrong colour and that something is wrong shock I worry about my first scan. I am worried about what hospital to go too I am even worried about telling people - including work ARRRRGGGHHHH

Aitch Fri 19-Sep-08 13:09:06

ime you breathe a bit more easily once that first scan is out of the way... <whispers> congratulations.

heverhoney1 Fri 19-Sep-08 13:12:25

Thanks Aitch - I read on here that your congrats are well overdue!! how are you doing with your little un??

I am 8 weeks tommorrow - or 10 weeks if you believe my doctor who wouldnt listed to the fact that I have irregular cycles and didnt ov until very late - Another cause of worry, terrified scan will come back wrong with them thinking baby is not growing right !!

ajm200 Fri 19-Sep-08 14:02:28

You will be a bit calmer after the first scan as Aitch says but parental worry and guilt starts with the BFP and never really goes away...

Congratulations..

MrsMattie Fri 19-Sep-08 14:22:54

I thought I'd stop worrying after the 12 week scan...then it was the 20 week scan...now it's 37 weeks, when the baby will be 'full term'! As soon as that's out the way I'm sure I'll be crapping myself about the birth grin

ajm200 Fri 19-Sep-08 14:39:09

MrsMattie, then it'll be worrying if they sleep past their normal feed time, are they too hot/too cold, etc etc.. it never goes away. It just changes and will still be happening when they are 20... the joys of motherhood wink

badassfeline Fri 19-Sep-08 19:44:35

I am with MrsMattie on this..

Before I got the BFP, I thought I would chill also. Instead I have been a neurotic wreck since. I won't be completely relaxed about this pregnancy until I have the actual baby. Then I am sure all sorts of other worries will take over.

You are not on your own.xx

Aitch Fri 19-Sep-08 19:46:40

thanks haver. do't worry, i'm a late ov'er too, they couldn't care less tbh. grin

try to enjoy your pg, and ignore the moaners who say it's all difficult and worrying wink wink... it's an absolute treat. you're making a brand new human being and then you'll get to meet them and live with them. how fab is that?

Wade Fri 19-Sep-08 21:01:23

Someone told me (and they were right) to try not to worry because there will always be some new milestone to worry about about. 12 weeks, 20 weeks, 37 weeks, overdue, not feeding enough, feeding too much, MMR, starting school...... Arggghh!!!

CoteDAzur Sat 20-Sep-08 06:57:30

I was like this with first pregnancy (wait until you get to the triple blood tests). Stressed out the whole time, over everything. Then came DD, a little ball of stress full of anxiety, who cried day and night, never slept, and to this day (age 3) is very tightly wound and anxious about everything sad

I'm not stressing about anything this time. Kicked my heels back, dreamily thinking of when I will hold my little (hopefully very chilled) baby smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now