Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Small gestational sac - 80% chance of miscarriage?

(2 Posts)
Faithfeather Thu 18-Sep-08 23:39:05

I had my first scan at 6 weeks 4 days and was told gestational sac was small (10mm) and CRL was 6.2mm. Read extensively on internet that difference of less than 5mm between GS and CRL means 80-90% chance of miscarriage and same for small sac. Anyone made it through first trimester with small GS measurement?

mumoverseas Fri 19-Sep-08 06:53:22

just over 2 1/2 years ago I fell pregnant and was very anxious as I'd had a miscarriage a year before. I went for an early scan (at what should have been 6 weeks) for some reassurance however although they could see the sac they couldn't see anything in it. They kept saying my dates were wrong but I knew they weren't so had to wait a very long anxious week for another scan. One week later the scan showed my darling little daughter who will be 2next month. She was just a slow developer. I hope that this is the case for you and I will keep my fingers crossed for you. I'm pregnant again now (17 weeks) but the first few weeks were a very anxious time for my DH and me. Are they going to scan you again? Its horrible not knowing isn't it? Good luck faithfeather x (PS, I found from experience that extensive searching on internet not always helpful!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now