Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Baby observation request

(1 Post)
Praminthehall Wed 17-Sep-08 22:54:25

Hello

I'm a SE London-living mum about to begin the first part of a training within the NHS as a child psychotherapist. One of the compulsory modules is infant observation, where as students we are asked to observe a baby from soon after birth to approx 18 months of age. The idea is that this close observation will give us a very real handle on how a baby's personality and emotions emerge and develop within the context of the family. Observations take place in the family's home and are weekly, for an hour, at a time to suit all involved.

I am looking in earnest for a mum who is expecting a baby any time from now - perhaps mid November, who may be interested in participating. (The course begins in early October).

Might you, or someone you know beyond MN, be interested? I would love to hear from you if so - you can contact me via the CAT facility.

I live in Brockley, SE4, and ideally am looking for a family who live fairly nearby. The baby doesn't have to be a firstborn, by the way.

I have an enhanced disclosure CRB check done, and have run this request past Justine.

Many thanks for reading

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now