Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Disappearing symptoms - help?

(7 Posts)
littleduck Wed 17-Sep-08 09:38:36

Hi all

I am 8+2 with my first baby, have had no sickness at all since I found out (at 3+4!!) but had horribly sore boobs since before I found out onwards, had period-like pains daily although no bleeding so not worried, and was very tired. Had suffered a bit with constipation and a bit of wind (sorry if TMI).

Late last week the sore boobs and tiredness went completely quite suddenly, and have had no period like pains any more either. Still have the constipation and wind though. Had one or two very sharp pains in the night which work me up but no bleeding or brown spotting at all.

Is it normal for symptoms to disappear like this all of a sudden? I am feeling rather worried that something is wrong but I don't want to bother my GP if this is all quite normal.

Any help or thoughts much appreciated, I really don't know what to do!

littleduck Wed 17-Sep-08 09:40:51

Sorry, should read pains in the night which woke me up!

littleduck Wed 17-Sep-08 09:41:00

Sorry, should read pains in the night which woke me up!

belgo Wed 17-Sep-08 09:42:58

Pregnancy symptoms can come and go during pregnancy, but I think you should contact your GP due to the pains you are experiencing. All sharp pains during pregnancy should be checked out, especially if they are bad enough to wake you up. Good luck.

TheProvincialLady Wed 17-Sep-08 09:43:14

It is very normal for pregnancy symptoms to come and go. It is very normal to have pains. If you have any bleeding or severe/constant pains you should see the GP, otherwise try to relax though I know it is not easy. FWIW I found it very hard to sleep in the early days of my pregnancy with DS because I had such bad period type pains but everything was fine.

broodymom Wed 17-Sep-08 09:54:13

I'm 9+4 and my symptoms come and go every few days, the last couple of days i have felt great no sickness or nausea and full of energy and today i am shattered and spent all morning over the toilet!

I am the same as you (and prob many others )are i bet as soon as you feel ok you start to worry. I have also had constant cramps and stretching pains which i've had with my other pg's so try not to worry.

Have you seen a midwife yet? Usually they give you a number to call if you are worried. It may be worth just calling and asking their advice they will be glad to help you. x

FlirtyThirty Wed 17-Sep-08 11:52:04

Hey littleduck - this happened to me too! Well, the nausea stopped for me. I was wretching daily from 5+6 until about 3 days ago, and it did worry me. I asked the midwife about it yesterday and she said nothing to worry about at all as symptoms can come and go at any stage of pregnancy...so just enjoy feeling better. Hope this makes you worry less - though I DO understand how you fell exactly!

Flirty x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now