Talk

Advanced search

awful stinking cold/flu what can i take?

(7 Posts)
Mimsy2000 Wed 17-Sep-08 08:12:24

i am miserable with a cold/flu but must get on with it and look after sick toddler and go for loads of antenatal appointments today [no - they would not reschedule for me angry.]

does anyone know if i can take lempsip or that type of thing? i am 34 weeks.

pls help. feeling so miserable.

HensMum Wed 17-Sep-08 08:18:21

I think paracetamol is OK during pregnancy but lemsip contains other things so prob best to check.
My favourite remedy for colds is camomile tea with lots of lemon and honey. Camomile tea is great for colds, reduces inflamation of the mucus membranes apparently. Tastes a lot nicer than Lemsip too!

Indith Wed 17-Sep-08 08:26:44

No lemsip, sorry. Just paracetamol I get addicted to ds' snufflebabe rub too blush. If you are really headachey try a dab of lavender oil on your temples.

Ebb Wed 17-Sep-08 10:06:36

Hot lemon and honey is really soothing. Taken with some paracetomol, I guess it's a bit like lemsip. grin

Mimsy2000 Wed 17-Sep-08 10:12:14

ebb you'd need to add some weird aspartame aftertaste and then it would be like lempsip! god i really hate not being able to take meds. i'm so f-ing grumpy right now. prob due to 2 hours sleep per night since friday with my sick toddler. and dh who snores. and not to mention the worlds largest and most wriggly 34 week sized bump. argh. sorry to whinge. baby needs to come soon. need my body back............

ajm200 Wed 17-Sep-08 10:36:30

Just paracetamol. Do you have karvol capsules for your toddler, maybe try one of those on a hanky to clear your head and nose.

I agree that camomiile tea with honey and lemon is very soothing.

Fresh air can really help too although a long walk might be the last thing you want right now. I have to walk everywhere with DS and I've noticed how being outside can really clear my sinuses also clears that foggy headed feeling from too much sleep deprivation.

Hope you are better soon.

picopooki Wed 17-Sep-08 20:58:33

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now