Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

lower back ache and mild stomach cramps 13 weeks

(10 Posts)
titmouse Tue 16-Sep-08 19:11:24

Sorry I've done nothing but post today -

Got aches in my lower back extending around to my hips and occasional cramps in my belly,which feels tight and uncomfortable, I am 13 weeks and hoping this is just growing pains but it is really quite painful. I haven't seen any bleeding, really worried it might be a miscarriage.

Do you think I should worry, and if I need to, can I take paracetamol?
I've had two warm baths today and the first helped but the second didn't.

Thanks ladies. xx

broodymom Tue 16-Sep-08 19:26:47

Titmouse its prob just your ligamnets stretching this is around the time your uterus grows over the pelvic bone so its bound to cause some aches and pains.

But in saying that i have been having stretching pains (i hope) for the last week so maybe we get them at times all the way though.

Ps i have done nothing but post today either !lol blush

titmouse Tue 16-Sep-08 19:55:06

Hi broodymom,
thanks I thought that would be it but I was still a bit worried. It has gone off considerably since I posted.

how many weeks are you?

gingerninja Tue 16-Sep-08 19:58:15

I'm 13 weeks and experiencing the same. Also did when preg with DD and on and off throughout the preg. I wouldn't be too worried this time if I didn't have spotting as well which is a different kettle of fish, as they say. If you're worried then a chat to the midwife may reassure you though.

broodymom Tue 16-Sep-08 20:19:50

I'm 9+3 titmouse cant wait to get to the 12 week mark !

TheHedgeWitch Tue 16-Sep-08 20:24:34

Message withdrawn

bluemousemummy Tue 16-Sep-08 20:30:25

Yep me to0 - 17 weeks now and is getting better! Try not to worry. Chances of mc are very very slim now!

Millie26 Tue 16-Sep-08 21:06:35

Me too! I'm 13+4 and having pains and got back ache.

No bleeding or anything - I think it's reassuring as there's obviously a few of us, please dont worry.

Are you starting to show yet? I've got a hard belly starting to round out, so thinking that all my organs are being squished as the uterus moves upwards.

Millie26 Tue 16-Sep-08 21:15:32

PS- - just been googling and every entry that came up mentioned round ligament pain which typically occurs from 13 weeks and is completely normal.

phew!

titmouse Tue 16-Sep-08 21:48:43

yay for round ligament pain :-)
I'm not sure if I am showing yet, I think I am but people keep telling me I am not. Possibly I was rounder than I thought before pregnancy!
Belly is feeling firmer today, maybe as a result of the growing pains.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now