Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

anyone been here?

(3 Posts)
mommyspop Tue 16-Sep-08 15:19:26

can someone please please explain to me simply what my problem is, i have had 54 cells grown for my cvs and 5 of them had an extra number 2 chromosome?(trisomy 2) what does this mean for my baby???
sorry, didnt explain fully....had a cvs cos of finding a nuchal fold, it came back as a mosaicism...great! that was the result as explained by a geneticist, but he was vague as to how it may manifest itself, he mentioned facial disfigurement! internal organ problems! learning difficulties or........ a normal baby!!!!!! HELP, im so confused! am having an amnio monday but he said the result wont really help in a diagnosis cos if its all clear, then that will yes rule out placental probs but wont rule out baby probs as the cells they recovered from the amnio may not of got the bit with the extra chromosomes in it! im so depressed. Have a heart scan for baby at 20 wks, im 15 wks now.Amnio was ok, but got to wait 2 long weeks now, am so so scared, ps im 41.

littlelapin Tue 16-Sep-08 15:25:59

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

jeanjeannie Tue 16-Sep-08 15:54:04

mommyspop - just to say that I've answered this in the 40+ thread and seem to have suggested the same thing as Littlelapin.

Best wishes and good luck in your quest for info x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now