Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Weight Gain during pregnancy

(2 Posts)
pricey30 Tue 16-Sep-08 14:09:54

I'm 5' 3", 17 weeks pregnant with my 2nd child and wanted some feedback. With last one I started at 10st 7lb and was 12st 7lb at full term+6. I was really happy with my gain and at start of this pregnancy I weighed 11st 10lb and have now dropped to 11st 7lb. My mum has in no uncertain terms told me that I should not gain a pound over 1 stone with this one as I'm bigger than before which I'm feeling slightly under pressure to achieve (being a bridesmaid for sis next summer). Does anyone else feel pressurised by what is acceptable and what is not.

Habbibu Tue 16-Sep-08 15:06:23

Please try not to feel pressurised by anything other than yours and your baby's health - easier said than done, I know. Ask your MW or GP what they think about your weight gain (and the loss) and use that when discussing with family. One midwife calculated my BMI when I was 34 weeks pregnant (with a baby who was 10lb 11 at birth). She then looked shocked that it came out high!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now