Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is it possible to get 'morning' sickness before +ve on test ???

(12 Posts)
Ilovebeingamummy Tue 16-Sep-08 10:41:04

I think I am going mad....I have had increasing nausea over the last 4 days (worse in mornings but on and off all day, strange abdominal sensations (no idea how to describe) and extreme tiredness. But I am now on CD28 and have done a (very cheap ebay) test everyday for 6 days and sill -ve (I have no patience!)

Problem is this is our first month at TTC no.3 and I haven't been keeping proper track of last few cycles so I'm not exactly sure when is D day for AF... going slowly (quickly) nuts ladies!

Is it possible to get 'morning' sickness before hormone level high enough to read +ve on test???

nomorelostweekends Tue 16-Sep-08 11:11:23

Yep, sure is. With DD i was on a course and suddenly had to run to the toilet in the middle of a presentation and threw up. 6 days before proper BFP, although v faint line on one of the early tests about 3 days later, but didn't feel confident til got the more obvious line. Weirdly this time i had no symptoms and didn't test initially cause thought i couldn't have been. Good luck!

cali Tue 16-Sep-08 11:18:12

Yes, had been feeling queasy for a few days, made worse when visiting a friend who smokes.
Had never made me feel like that before but still didn't twig. Did a test the next day(AF due) but was -ve, 3 days later tested again and was +ve.
I also felt like AF was going to arrive at any minute for about 6 days before +ve test too.

frazzledoldbag34 Tue 16-Sep-08 13:32:14

Yes, I've also felt horrible from a couple of days after conception and ages before the pg test showed BFP. Not sure how this is, but it happened to me and also other people I know. Good luck!

Ilovebeingamummy Tue 16-Sep-08 13:55:27

thankyou thankyou thankyou - there is hope!

cali Tue 16-Sep-08 15:10:43

good luck, let us know how you get on

littlefrog Tue 16-Sep-08 15:31:25

I felt weird about 2 days after the only episode when we could have conceived this baby, which I think was day 8; you try telling people that you think you might be pregnant on day 10 of your cycle!! Well, I was... So it's definitely possible. Good luck!

frazzledoldbag34 Tue 16-Sep-08 19:32:06

Anything is possible as far as babies are concerned IMO!

Ilovebeingamummy Wed 17-Sep-08 12:58:45

Well still all -ve tests. Even the 4-day and 6-day early ones. Clearly going mad and need to get a life!

claire002 Fri 19-Sep-08 13:32:14

Hi there - is definitely possible, don't give up hope! I think I felt pregnant pretty much at the point of conception, with lots of preggie type symptoms in the days after - going to the loo in the night, nausea, tiredness, twingy feelings, crying at holby city (!), nearly driving through a red light (argh).

Its my second (well, hopefully!) so I suppose you recognise the feelings from the first time around. I even said a few days ago that if I wasn't pregnant I was going mad. But no positives on any tests, until a very very faint line this morning (11 days after the only time I could have conceived). Have to wait and see if it is a pregnancy that 'takes', as early miscarriage is so common, but at least I know I'm not crazy.

So hang in there - but don't test every day because that way does lie madness!

CookieMonster2 Fri 19-Sep-08 13:47:41

With my second pregnancy I had the worst symptoms (e.g. sickness, odd pains, tiredness) before I got the positive test, and then they dissapeared soon after. It started about 2 days after I conceived I would think.

laweaselmys Fri 19-Sep-08 13:56:25

I threw up at work for no reason two weeks before my AF and did a test. After that first bout of sickness at conception I then didn't have any until 7 weeks.

I think it's rare but perfectly possible! Maybe you've only just conceived, and it'll be weeks to BFP?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now