Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Should I be concerned about very light spotting and cramps at 13 weeks?

(5 Posts)
gingerninja Mon 15-Sep-08 20:46:41

I've had very light spotting at about 5 and 9 weeks (maybe three or four spots of brown blood) I've also got it now only perhaps a little more (13 weeks). I suppose what I'm really concerned about is the aches and pains. I suffered period pains at begining while pregnant with DD and at the begining of this pregnancy but they have returned with this spotting.

I know lots of people spot but I didn't have any blood when preg with DD so I feel a bit anxious.

Is brown blood something to worry about?

DonDons Mon 15-Sep-08 20:49:17

There really is only one sensible thing to do and that is to call the GP or MW and get a scan at the EPAU.

It may be nothing. I had it at 11 weeks and had an emergency scan - the baby was fine and the bleeding was unexplained. A couple of hours at the hospital will put your mind at rest. Good luck

diddle Mon 15-Sep-08 20:50:08

borwn blood is old blood and not always a bad sign. I'm getting aches and pains all the time (11 wks)and i guess accompanied with brown blood i would be concerned, but the two could be totally unconnected. If you are very anxious i would get it checked just for your piece of mind.

gingerninja Mon 15-Sep-08 20:51:22

Thanks, I know you're right. I had a routine scan last week and everything looked fine so I feel slightly over dramatic asking for one so soon following it.

Glad it worked out for you

DonDons Mon 15-Sep-08 20:55:12

well when I went for my scan the lovely nurse gave me a direct phone number and told me to ring if I needed advice/more scans etc (ie bypass the GP referral). She told me not to worry about bothering them because that is what they are there for.

Any bleeding/pain should be discussed with your GP/MW even if it occurs an hour after your last scan - honestly - stress is the last thing you need when you are prego.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now