Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Ok...its driving me mad, am I or arent I?!!!

(11 Posts)
fedupofbeingfedup Mon 15-Sep-08 19:27:14

Ok, I'm on a 24 day cycle, I've been pregnant four times before, and every time I get a metallic taste in my mouth. I got my period on August 28th, had sex on day 9, 11,12,13,15 of ovulation and I'm due on this Sunday. I am having hot and cold sweats,dizziness, heartburn and this disgusting taste in my mouth. Now I'm thinking I'm pregnant but also when I get thrush I get a funny taste in my mouth and I had thrush last week, but I took a tablet, the taste went away as well as the thrush but three days after that I started with a metallic taste in my mouth and I'm hoping its cos I'm pregnant but am thinkin maybe its still from the thrush but the taste seems different, but what if I'm imagining it and its just the thrush.

God, I confused myself there, hope you stayed with me!!

Anyway was thinking about getting a good test tomorrow cos its driving me mad but its 5 days yet till my periods due so would I be wasting my money cos I think I would but as you probably know yourselves it does your head in doesnt it!!!!

fedupofbeingfedup Tue 16-Sep-08 07:15:05

bump.....plz!!!

SquiffyHock Tue 16-Sep-08 07:17:26

Get yourself out to get a test. Good luck smile

nelix2000 Tue 16-Sep-08 08:03:01

I tested yeterday and got a BFP period due thursday so was 4 days early, that was with sainsburys own brand! good luck!

Guitargirl Tue 16-Sep-08 08:14:40

I tested positive 6 days early with Clearblue - not the digital one.

Good luck!

fedupofbeingfedup Tue 16-Sep-08 14:43:28

Right well have taken a test this morning, one of them 6 days before thingys, and its come back negative but for the last three months my cycle has gone from 22 to 27 days so I use 24 days as an average so technically I am due on on Sunday which would mean I took a test today 5 days before I am due on but if my cycle is actually a bit all of over the place then I cant actually be accurate with when to take the test can I?!!!

Its really driving me mad now, time is going soooooo slow and I just wanna know!!!!!

fedupofbeingfedup Tue 16-Sep-08 15:11:32

bump...anyone????????????

nelix2000 Tue 16-Sep-08 15:20:05

6 days is still early to test...most tests recommend testing day AF is due for the reason that early pregnancy tests only give a result in small percentages of women. It also tkaes 48 hours for the HGC hormone to double meaning it would be fruitless testing tomorrow....if you can hold off till thurs at the earleist.

lulumama Tue 16-Sep-08 15:22:05

the early reponse tests are sometimes less than 50 % accurate. stop driving yourself mad and wait until the day you are due on and test with FMU.

if your cycle is all over the place then all this testing is adding to your stress

agree wtih nelix, just wait.

nappyaddict Tue 16-Sep-08 15:25:03

sainsbury's and asda home brands are very sensitive. you can test at 7dpo with them.

islandlassie Tue 16-Sep-08 15:42:36

i tested around my day and the line was so faint we almost missed it. (clearly i just still had a low level of the whatever it is hormones)

be sure you dont get your hopes up too much. your mind can make your body do things when you want something so bad.

FINGERS CROSSED FOR YOU!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now