Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Help... I am 12 weeks pregnant and have brown discharge

(6 Posts)
xJulesx Mon 15-Sep-08 18:12:46

Hi
I am 12 weeks pregnant and this morning i noticed brown discharge, I haven't had any cramps or pains, I have not had any thing like this so far and even though it seems to have eased off, I am thinking of all sorts of horrible things.
Is this normal?

Bluebutterfly Mon 15-Sep-08 18:15:25

I think some people can get spotting and discharge throught pgcy, but to rule out infections or anything more serious you should see your gp just to be on the safe side. Chances are it is nothing to worry about, but always a good idea to have something like that checked out imo.

Congratulations on your pgcy

MmeLindt Mon 15-Sep-08 18:15:31

It is not so unusual but I would get checked out by your doc just to put your mind at rest.

Snowstorm Mon 15-Sep-08 18:20:27

I know it's all a bit scary but try not to let your imagination go into overdrive. I think that if you have any kind of brown/red discharge then you should contact your midwife/GP/whoever's looking after you but ... I had a bit of brown spotting with DD2 at around 10.5 weeks and it was 'old blood' from somewhere. I was sent straight to the early scan unit at my hospital and they checked me out. DD2 was fine and healthy and they couldn't explain exactly where it had come from, sometimes these things happen.

Hope it all goes well and that your fears are put to rest promptly.

bluebell82 Mon 15-Sep-08 20:25:10

Jules- go to your GP but if its settles your panic I had this at 14 weeks.. however I was in Venice at the time.. lots of panic and a water ambulance later we saw the little bean jumping around on the screen!

Go and get a scan because you don't want to be worrying and if its all fine which I am sure it will be you will get to see your bean an extra time!!!!! wink

diddle Mon 15-Sep-08 20:34:05

Jules - i have had 2 MC's and 2 healthy pregnancies, i had brown discharge during my 2nd healthy pregnancy. we booked a private scan for the next day because the NHS weren't able to offer us one for weeks. Little baby was in there wiggling around. It is definitly worth getting checked out, just for your peace of mind.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now